Forum Organisation?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Prophet][ »

Cammyfan wrote:No I am not. Read what BlackAura posted in the Dreamcast "Scene" thread.
I think he is referrign to the fact we used to have one before we got screwed and someone stole it.
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

When did that happen? I do not remember that.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

long time ago. You can see it now hosted here http://www.dchomebrew.org but it used to be homebrew.dcemulation.org before someone decided they wanted to make money of it and abused their ftp access and uploaded it all to their own server and deletec everything on ours.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Prophet][ wrote:long time ago. You can see it now hosted here http://www.dchomebrew.org but it used to be homebrew.dcemulation.org before someone decided they wanted to make money of it and abused their ftp access and uploaded it all to their own server and deletec everything on ours.

Don't you just love wraggster?
It's thinking...
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

I definitely love Wraggster.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I love how these people who hardly ever post here are now showing up and suggesting we change, or even scrap the entire site to suit their needs. If you don't like the site, GO AWAY.
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

That is no way to treat a fellow Dreamcast Emulation member.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Kenichi wrote:I love how these people who hardly ever post here are now showing up and suggesting we change, or even scrap the entire site to suit their needs. If you don't like the site, GO AWAY.
i agree with you. and cammyfan look at the rank, Kenichi, however emo, has more of a say than you.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Cammyfan wrote:That is no way to treat a fellow Dreamcast Emulation member.
Well, that's how things roll around here. Most people don't have a problem with it (including me), and if you don't like it then no one is stopping you from leaving.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I think there may be a few too many forums, but that's probably just because I only visit three of them. I'm sure the others are important to other people, so I don't think they should be dicked with at all. It's not broken, everything is working...so don't f*ck with it.

A new site would be pretty cool though. I thought a revamp was coming? What ever happenned to that?
Very sexy hero, omg
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Covar wrote:
Kenichi wrote:I love how these people who hardly ever post here are now showing up and suggesting we change, or even scrap the entire site to suit their needs. If you don't like the site, GO AWAY.
i agree with you. and cammyfan look at the rank, Kenichi, however emo, has more of a say than you.
Actually, I would say they have about equal say.

None.
No signature.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

toastman wrote:
Covar wrote:
Actually, I would say they have about equal say.

None.
And why is that, because I'm not an administrator? You aren't either (afaik), so welcome to the club, buddy.

I never said I have any more say that anyone, but I don't think a newbie should be allowed to conduct the future of the forums. Especially since, like it has been stated already, the forums are fine as they are. There are people who visit each section, so there's real no reason to get rid of them.

Hell, let's email George Bush and tell him to get rid of Alaska since there's not that many people living there. Sure, not quite the same case, but you get the picture.
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

You should not consider someone a noob just because they have not posted much. I have still read basically everything there is worth reading on these forums.

We should not get rid of any forum. We should turn certain forums into sub forums to organize this place better. We should also turn certain forums into one or maybe two pinned threads. There is not that much that is posted here and having so many completely separate sections is unnecessary.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Cammyfan wrote:You should not consider someone a noob just because they have not posted much. I have still read basically everything there is worth reading on these forums.

We should not get rid of any forum. We should turn certain forums into sub forums to organize this place better. We should also turn certain forums into one or maybe two pinned threads. There is not that much that is posted here and having so many completely separate sections is unnecessary.
Go away: No one asked you.
It's thinking...
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Cammyfan wrote:That is true. A new website should be started. Since BlackAura has said that emulation is not important and only homebrew is, then why not start a new website named Dreamcast Homebrew? Even though this website is named Dreamcast Emulation, emulation is not important. Is that not correct BlackAura?
Quit being a jerk. BlackAura stated that he's still working on Genesis Plus, so he obviously feels emulation is important as well.

His statement was that Dreamcast has a better community than the rest of the community because authors focus on both the original games and emulators and ports, while the other console communities just focus on emulators and ports.

Stop being so offensive.