New to the dreamcast scene

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DaClassicGamingMaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New to the dreamcast scene

Post by DaClassicGamingMaster »

Hey everybody, im pretty new to the DC emulation scene, but I only hear good things about it. Im a pretty active poster over on gp32x and psymastr.com, and i finally have made the decision to give emulation on the dreamcast a shot.

I was just wondering what you all suggest for a newbie; anything you guys deem "a must have", ect, for someone who has no clue where to begin. Is there a place I can download everything? I thank you all for your help ahead of time. Hopefully I'll become an active member here!

- Daclassicgamingmaster (aka DCGM :wink:)
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

I welcome you.
DaClassicGamingMaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

hi...any suggestions???
Last edited by DaClassicGamingMaster on Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

:kiss)
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

DaClassicGamingMaster wrote:hi...any suggestions???
The first thing I would recommend is to head on over to DCEvolution and download all of the disc images there. They are all (except for two of them) in CDI format, which can be burned with Alcohol 120%, BootDreams or DiscJuggler (the other two are in DAO NRG format, which can only be burned with Alcohol 120% or older versions of Nero).

Then, once you get through all of that stuff, then I would recommend heading over to Sbiffy! and download everything (which should be just about everything that's been released), and put it onto two or three discs together, using SBInducer.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
ThePoetEmrys
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ThePoetEmrys »

I recommoned NesterDC SE, arguably the best put together emulator ever. If you enjoy any NES games, I highly suggest you give this one a shot. The emulator comes with at disk image builder that scans all your ROM images, downloads hi quality scans of box art, carts, manuals, screen shots, and title screens. It also grabs the NFO's and includes an NFO player. By far the greatest emulator ever made.
Jet Set Radio!!!!!!
DaClassicGamingMaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Ok, sounds kewl. I'll give it a shot now.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Oh, one more thing. Please do not ask if there will be another release of something that is not quite complete. It will be done when it is done. Just so you don't bug developers too much.

:wink:
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

ThePoetEmrys wrote:It also grabs the NFO's and includes an NFO player.
**NSF ;)

...and hi GamingMaster. I've seen you around whilst lurking on the GP32x boards. ;)

If you'd like to know what the best emulators are on the Dreamcast, check out this thread:
http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=71861

Also, if you have trouble getting things to boot on your DC, don't hesitate to ask!
DaClassicGamingMaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

ha yeah tybo I recognize your username :lol: