Look here, a PIRATE

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emptythought »

Considering all that work he put it and the material he used, that's (in my opinion) not something to get angry about.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

but it's supposed to be free for all and not to be sold :?

Edit: ...or did stupid me miss the irony there :o
Insane homebrew collector.
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

That person is selling Senile Team's hard work and the work of BOR modders for their own profit. Considering the huge work that went into creating BOR and its mods I consider this act to be disgusting. It takes almost no time and effort to print out and manufacture those discs and cases. That work is nowhere near the worth of what that person is charging.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Considering all that work he put it and the material he used, that's (in my opinion) not something to get angry about.
You're absolutely right, there's nothing to get angry about, however the seller must have spent so much time and money downloading the image, making a cover set, printing them, and packaging them...
just to rip off an unsuspecting Dreamcast fan?
and for something that's got to be worth next to nothing considering it's freeware!.
but it's supposed to be free for all and not to be sold :?

Edit: ...or did stupid me miss the irony there :o
You missed nothing!.

I used to chase down all the sellers at ebay that sold Dreamcast warez, in the end I gave up, there will always be anal passages that walk the planet in the pathetic guise of a human being after a quick buck, ebay seller dreamcasting05 is just another example of the anal passage in question.

The funny thing is I know one of the buyers that got an item from the seller, I know the real name of the seller and where he lives :P . dreamcasting05: I know you'll read this eventually - yes you really are an anal passage! :lol: .
Across the Universe
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

You can look at it from 2 points:

- You can get angry at it because they sell software created by others for their own profit
- You can see it as a way of providing a game like this in a quality way to the people who are willing to spend their money on it, no one is forcing them to buy it.

The biggest problem I have with this is that some people might buy it, not even knowing it can be downloaded for free. If only they would give credit to the creators and give a link in the auction about where to download it, I would personally have no problems with auctions such as these.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog