Killer Mom Who Cut Off Child's Arms Called 'Sweet'

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Killer Mom Who Cut Off Child's Arms Called 'Sweet'

Post by Roofus »

A Texas woman is claiming she was insane when she killed her 10-month-old daughter by cutting off the baby's arms with a kitchen knife.

Dena Schlosser's attorney says his 37-year-old client is "a sweet woman" who wasn't capable of knowing what she was doing was wrong. Schlosser said nothing and stared straight ahead as her lawyer entered a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.

The prosecutor contends Schlosser may have had mental problems, but she did know right from wrong when she killed her daughter.

Schlosser was arrested in 2004 after she called 911. Police say they found Schlosser in the living room of her home, covered in blood, holding a knife and listening to a church hymn.

Link

Follow-up
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cammyfan »

That is very interesting. She does sound insane if you go by what she said and by her actions. The investigation into whether this woman was a hazard to anyone may not have been carried out properly. Many cases do not err on the side of caution, which I think they should.
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

Self defense I can understand,, but Insanity pleas are bullshit IMO. When someone kills another human being in cold blood they should be put away for the rest of their natural lives.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Gav-X wrote:Self defense I can understand,, but Insanity pleas are bullcrap IMO. When someone kills another human being in cold blood they should be put away for the rest of their natural lives.
If they are truly insane at that moment, you can look into that person's eyes and not see the person they truly are. They don't even remember the incident afterwards. It's scary.

You really can't hold someone who is legitimately insane accountable. The problem is that the insanity plea is overused and most people who claim that they were insane when the incident took place really weren't. But when that claim is legitimate, I do believe it's a valid excuse (I never used to, but seeing insanity first hand really changed my mind on the issue).
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I think the problem is here, anybody who would be capable of doing that to their child, could easily be classed as insane anyway. Its often difficult to find the fine line between "insane killer" and "insane sweet woman"