which is better?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

which is better?

Post by that_guy »

paint shop pro x is 129.99 and photoshop elements 4.0 is 99.99. which is better? i want to glamour touch my pics and basically want the most options to do to my pics in terms of enhancement and variety. also will either one edit gif files? i am on my phone so i cant search, but i want opinions from the members here.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I'd go for Photoshop Elements personally, or you may want to look into The Gimp for $0
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

i like PSP, but the truth is skill with Photoshop is more marketable (you could probably stick it on a CV if you got any good at it) and it is much more widly used as far as i can see.

btw, like i said, i don't use Photoshop but my PSP (ver 7, old i know) did come with an animator program (Animation Shop 3) which does gifs.
Last edited by mikozero on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Elements is like a slimmed down easier version of Photoshop. I've never used Paintshop so I'm not sure about it. I would have to also recomend the gimp. There is even a version that looks just like photoshop called gimpshop.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Photoshop ftw.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

gimp sounds nice and all, but again i only use my phone for my net use, unless it is absolutely necessary to haul my tower over to my womans house, because i dont at this time find it necessary to get a phone line. thanks for the responses people, i will wait for more of them and make my decision tomorrow based on majority and information about both these programs. for those with elements, how easy is it to say, remove scars and blemishes?
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

pixel wrote:Photoshop ftw.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote:Photoshop ftw.
Photoshop CS2 yes, but most certainly not Elements. Just get the Gimp if money is an issue.
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

The Gimp
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Paint.NET
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

I haven't used Paint Shop Pro in quite a while now, and not since Corel bought it out so I can't really tell you which of the two products are better.

Photoshop Elements is great because Adobe has kept a lot of the tools found in Photoshop CS2 and added an easier user interface, with easy access to common tasks.

I did hear that Paint Shop Pro has now changed from being a Photoshop wanna be to a consumer level editing program probably with a similar feature set to Photoshop.

Gimp
If you're prepared to get your hands dirty you could try the Gimp, it's free, supports most file formats and has a great feature set.

I do find it a little clunky when running it on Windows due to it using GTK libaries, and also I find some features hard to locate (mainly because I am used to Photoshop). The 3 or 4 task bar buttons on (1 task button per tool box) is a little annoying too.

For the affordable price of $0 you could just try it, you have nothing but time to loose.

Link: Gimp.org
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: which is better?

Post by impetus »

that_guy wrote:paint shop pro x is 129.99 and photoshop elements 4.0 is 99.99. which is better? i want to glamour touch my pics and basically want the most options to do to my pics in terms of enhancement and variety. also will either one edit gif files? i am on my phone so i cant search, but i want opinions from the members here.
Don't buy either: - Buy a WACOM stylus and tablet for about $100 and get this software free: Adobe Photoshop Elements 3, Corel Painter Essentials 2, nik Color Efex Pro 2 GE, Evernote Plus, and JustWrite Office 4

http://www.compusa.com/products/product ... pfp=SEARCH
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

photoshop elements 1 was great, but we have elements 3 on the TV graphics computer down in the studio on campus and I hate it... Elements 1 worked and looked just like the full versions of PS, but elements 3 is just dumbed down waay too much
this is my signature
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: which is better?

Post by melancholy »

impetus wrote:
that_guy wrote:paint shop pro x is 129.99 and photoshop elements 4.0 is 99.99. which is better? i want to glamour touch my pics and basically want the most options to do to my pics in terms of enhancement and variety. also will either one edit gif files? i am on my phone so i cant search, but i want opinions from the members here.
Don't buy either: - Buy a WACOM stylus and tablet for about $100 and get this software free: Adobe Photoshop Elements 3, Corel Painter Essentials 2, nik Color Efex Pro 2 GE, Evernote Plus, and JustWrite Office 4

http://www.compusa.com/products/product ... pfp=SEARCH
Wow, that is a pretty good suggestion.