Quick Question about the DCgnuboy Emulator

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
rubius316
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quick Question about the DCgnuboy Emulator

Post by rubius316 »

Hello everyone. I just have a quick question about the DCgunboy Emulator for Dreamcast that lets you play gameboy games n all that. I want to appologize right off the bat in case I'm posting in the wrong area, and if I am please move this to the correct area. Still kinda new to the forums lol. On to my question though. I'm trying to find out the file formats that are excepted with the emulator. I have seen 3 diffrent types, and am not sure if all 3 are supported. The three types I've seen are ".gb" , ".gbc" & ".sgb" . If anyone knows which formats are accepted please let me know, and for any formats that are not accepted, would i simply look for a diffrent version that is accepted or is there a way to convert it? Well, thank you very much for your time, and I will be waiting agerly to find out the answer to my question. Sorry once again if this is in the wrong area. Thank you again.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

As far as I know, you want the ".gb" and the ".gbc" roms. (.gb = original Gameboy, .gbc are Gameboy Color). This is the right forum for this question, by the way. If you want to know how to burn a disc, you'll want the General Help forum, but your question was about the emulator.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

*.sgb is for Super GameBoy, right?
DCGnuboy plays them with no border, i think. Maybe rename the to *.gbc.