Selfboot Inducer trouble (Dreamsnes)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
betaiotaomega2
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Selfboot Inducer trouble (Dreamsnes)

Post by betaiotaomega2 »

OK, I downloaded all the things I needed, and it worked. I made a selfbooting Inducer disc with smeg, nesterdc, etc. But this was BEFORE the .sbi thing was done. I have loads of .exe files, and they worked fine, but the new .sbi one doesn't. I downloaded the new extractor and stuff, and all the files I wanted, and installed it all into a new directory (C:\Inducer\Selfboot). I have successfully extracted the .sbi files using the 'inducer' program, but when I try to run selfboot, it does fine until it wants to actually write the image. I doesn't for some reason want to write it. Any suggestions why?

So what i did was copy all the files from the Inducer folder (Where it extracts everything) and put them in the old Inducer folder from the old .exe thing. I ran the selfboot program there, and it made and image just fine, the only thing is, the Snes ROMs don't load properly in the Dreamsnes program. It comes up with random letters and symbols for the names of the roms and they don't load. I put them in the right folder and everything, and it works with the roms on a seperate disc, so whats up?

"Born to Play" Yep, that sums my life up, "Life's a Game" after all...

Yoshi!!!
dcemuromplayer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Selfboot Inducer trouble (Dreamsnes)

Post by dcemuromplayer »

betaiotaomega2 wrote: I ran the selfboot program there, and it made and image just fine, the only thing is, the Snes ROMs don't load properly in the Dreamsnes program. It comes up with random letters and symbols for the names of the roms and they don't load. I put them in the right folder and everything, and it works with the roms on a seperate disc, so whats up?
do you have a roms.lst file in your snes rom folder? that might help with your problem with the random symbols thing.
anyone who owns an emulator is a warez using software pirate

or they just stare at the main menu all day long!!!!! :)
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Dreamsnes is scanning the root for roms. :?
Everything it finds in the root it will assume is a rom and attempt to display its header afaik.
betaiotaomega2
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Cheers, but...

Post by betaiotaomega2 »

Yeah, i tried it again, this time with a .lst file. It didn't work. Also, with the root directory thing, i though it looked in the games folder, or the roms folder, i can never remember. I put the roms in the right one though. My previous attempt at the selfboot inducer didn't work, but i tried swapping the disc after loading up my successful one and the roms on the coaster worked fine. They were set in the same folder and everything, the only difference was that it didn't have the 'themes' folder needed to boot it.

Yoshi!!!
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Cheers, but...

Post by ZacMc »

betaiotaomega2 wrote:Yeah, i tried it again, this time with a .lst file. It didn't work. Also, with the root directory thing, i though it looked in the games folder, or the roms folder, i can never remember. I put the roms in the right one though
DreamSNES 0.9.7 scans the /roms folder and the cd_root for roms :? . So when you burn Dsnes with Dream Inducer there are probably a bunch of files in the cd_root that Dsnes scans and thinks are roms, it should also show the roms (it might take a while..) its pretty annoying and seems like a wear on the dc lazer.
:idea: Maybe the Dsnes team will add a "no scan" option so Dsnes only lists the roms in the roms.lst in the next version..
betaiotaomega2
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

thanks

Post by betaiotaomega2 »

Cheers, i think that helps, I'll wait until it finishes scanning and see if the roms show eventually. I will also try that .lst thing again... How exactly do you do them, i tried it once. I put it in this format:
smw.smc: Super Mario World
is that right?

Yoshi!!!
betaiotaomega2
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Ok

Post by betaiotaomega2 »

Ok, I know now. The .lst thing fixed everything, and on my old disc, the roms were there. You just have to wait till it finishes scanning and scroll through loads of stuff before you get to them, but they were there. Whatever, thanks for everyones help.

Yoshi!!!