Can RadQuake Finito only play mods in Paks?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Can RadQuake Finito only play mods in Paks?

Post by MethodGit »

I ask because I seemed to encounter two different results with two particular mods when testing its mod support last night.

Simpsons Quake (as was offered for download from the QuakeDev site in the past) seems to work fine with it and all, but the MST3K Sound Replacements addon seemed to have major problems under this port - the console background (of which it provided a replacement graphic) was all garbled, and none of the new sounds would actually load (visible errors would be displayed in-game) despite them existing on the disc and in the correct directory structure (/cd/quake/mst3000). I'm wondering whether this is due to the fact that it comes in seperate files rather than being compiled into a single PAK like the Simpsons mod was.

I haven't tested the sound mod with Makaqu yet, due to it not being on my current Makaqu CD of stuff. But I take it that it would play non-PAK mods adequately in comparison, if it's more based on WinQuake whereas RadQuake (I assume) was an original source port creation?