Need critiques!

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

My suggestions:

-First off, change his clothes color. I think that is what's killing it the most. I mean, pastel blue for a warrior? If you like the color, then just make the sleves that color, and give him a metal chest plate.

-His legs are too short. A normal human's leg is about the length from your hip to the top of your head. That guy couldn't even lift his leg above his chest. Now, I know that anime-like characters have abnormally large heads, so the length measure I stated earlier isn't effective, but it should be longer.

-The leg problem will also fix your dilema with the attack pose. Make his legs longer, and he won't look as weird. But that isn't the only problem. Look at his elbow. The length from the sholder to the elbo is half the lenght of his elbow to his wrist. It should be the same length. In short, lengthen his upper arm.

-On other thing about the attack pose. Look at the shield. It appears to have shrunk to about 2/3 the length it was before.

-You can come up with a better sword than that. You don't have to rip off Link's sword. :wink: