Video of a hacked 360

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MulletMan13 »

mattthemodder wrote: Xbox Live has gone down the pan too
Really?

I think Xbox Live is a great service, and I'm very, very happy to use it. Much nicer, more organized and more integrated than Sony's per game services, and even SegaNet.

I suppose compared to PC gaming it lacks ( I don't know, I don't play PC games), but for consoles, and everything that I want of it, it is one of the best attempts yet.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Fake as hell. I could make an almost identical video. And using a PSP to hack it? First of all, why? Second of all, how plausible is that at this point? :?
Very sexy hero, omg
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Really?

I think Xbox Live is a great service, and I'm very, very happy to use it. Much nicer, more organized and more integrated than Sony's per game services, and even SegaNet.
I went on Xbox Live for the first time in a couple of months. Within seconds I was being called a noob by some little 10 year old American. I know that every online game will be full of these people, no matter what service or game, but I just can't be arsed with it anymore
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

mattthemodder wrote:
Really?

I went on Xbox Live for the first time in a couple of months. Within seconds I was being called a noob by some little 10 year old American. I know that every online game will be full of these people, no matter what service or game, but I just can't be arsed with it anymore
Try playing with people on your friends list
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Kenichi wrote:I'm saying that if someone hates Microsoft enough to hack their hardware as a virtual middle finger to Bill Gates, why not boycott them completely?
Lots of people have hobbies.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

az_bont wrote:
Kenichi wrote:
Roofus wrote:
Kenichi wrote:I love the attitude that Xbox hackers have towards Microsoft. If they hate MS so much, why pay all the money to buy the system and still play their games. That's almost the same as really hating a certain band, so instead of you buying the CD you download it and listen to it. If people hate Microsoft so much, why donate time and effort into their products, paid for or not?
People want one of three things:

1) A cheap, (relatively) powerful computer
2) A cheap media hub
3) Unlimited free games
I understand why people like the Xbox. Hell, I LOVE my Xbox. I'm saying that if someone hates Microsoft enough to hack their hardware as a virtual middle finger to Bill Gates, why not boycott them completely? "F*ck you Microsoft for charging money for your system. By the way, awesome system."
They sell the consoles at a loss, expecting to make money back on software sales. If you hack your Xbox and don't buy any games, you have actually cost Microsoft money.
thats a common hardware practice, even sony just started profiting from the ps2 sales a few months ago
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Here's a bit of an update

http://www.xbox360galaxy.com/news/54/Se ... -Xbox.html

Self booting xbox 360 discs.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I guess I better go buy an Xbox 360.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

well, we could just wait and see, but it is most likely a fake...
Feel it, Don't think
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Wow. You can copy a demo disc that Microsoft didn't put any copy protection on.

The demo discs in question didn't have a media restriction placed on them, so the Xbox 360's kernel / hypervisor will allow them to run off any type of media, including DVD-Rs. There's really no news there, aside from the fact that Microsoft have produced some binaries that aren't media restricted. I assume (although I've not looked) that the Xbox emulator updates are the same.

This doesn't open the door to hacking or anything like that. The Xbox 360 will still only run signed binaries, which means it's impossible to remove the media code from an existing binary, it's still impossible to decrypt encrypted binaries and data files, and it's still impossible to run your own code on the 360. Modifying the data files to attempt to exploit a bug in the 360's code probably won't work, because of the hypervisor. The hypervisor controls all hardware access, and prevents unsigned binaries from running. It's completely inaccessible from any game code, so it can not be broken into.

There are precisely two ways that people are going to be able to get into the Xbox 360.

1 - Hardware modification, likely extensive and difficult to do.
2 - Somehow getting hold of Microsoft's encryption keys, which would enable to to sign your own binaries, modifiy existing ones, and encrypt / decrypt data.

I don't think we're going to see anything for a long time, if ever.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

well actualey the few games on the demo will probably be pirated by using files from both copies.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Hashmire420 wrote:well actualey the few games on the demo will probably be pirated by using files from both copies.
How? They aren't the same binaries that were used on the actual game discs, so they're not compatible. As with all other Xbox 360 game discs, the real game's binaries and data files are encrypted. A lot of Xbox 360 games actually have all the game data included in the digitally signed binary file.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

Feel it, Don't think
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Hmm

I don't like doing this on my saturn, so I wouldn't wanna do it on a near $700 X360 either.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm that second video looks like it was legit... but i dont know what the DVD-RW booted into. Also wtf is with the one fluorescent light... probably fake.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Even if it was real, the fact that you have to completely tear apart your 360, plus you would have to have an extra holder for the disc you are swapping, not to mention the fact that it appeared that you have to do the swap at a blinding speed and force the disc to spin after the swap would be enough to prevent most people from doing it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

N3m3sis wrote:Xbox 360 Hot Swap working video (apparently)

real, or not real?
Fake. They did a good job of hiding it, but there's a cut after they swap discs and the camera pans up.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.