Link Cable with Jap Outtrigger?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Link Cable with Jap Outtrigger?

Post by GyroVorbis »

I just got a Dreamcast link cable and played some F355. I think it's pretty damned cool. A friend and I had lots of fun.

Then I went online to look up other System Link games.

I found a guy who wrote an article and said that he'd bought all of the games that had this. But then he posted this:
http://media.dreamcast.ign.com/media/01 ... 55509.html

He said that he's looked everywhere and couldn't find any info on it. So have I. I've checked every menu multiple times and the US version of Outtriger just doesn't have VS - Cable. DOES the Japanese version? Why the hell would they just take it out?

If anybody knows please help, because I can't live with such a big mystery. Man, Outtrigger over the system link would RULE.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

oh wow! ill see what i can dig up and inform LordNikon on this. It might just be a beta pic, a fake or something that is unknown.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Dreamcast ?
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dreamcast ? »

If Outtrigger does make use of the versus cable and uses the same connection protocol as Virtual On: OT, that software that was in development for tunneling the connection might have been applicable here.
LordNikon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LordNikon »

I was saving this tidbit for outtrigger.net, but I guess I have to give information on this now so people don't take this situation the wrong way.

I have fully researched this till its end. The Japanese version does not contain vs cable compatability. The screenshot at IGN is from a demo disc from Dreamcast Magazine in japan. I own the disc. The japanese written in the box at the base of the screen matches that of the network section message. If you have the US demo, it says something to the effect of "will be in final version". The vs cable and network text both display the exact identical japanese message.

The vs cable support was never included in the final version of any region release of Outtrigger. So it is not in the Demo, or any of the retail versions. It was planned, but never made it to the final release.

-nikon
http://www.onlineconsoles.com - online console gaming communities for the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Playstation 2
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

Awwww... Oh well, there's still lots of other VS cables games I need to get.

Thanks for the info man, you seem to be quite the authority on Outtrigger.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

woah Nikon, i didnt even know you were registered here lol.
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Why did they take it out :cry:
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I dunno, one of those questions like why did they take out all the content they did from Goldeneye?

well technically they left a ton of it in there, just not accessable with a GS :lol: