The Da Vinci Code Trailer

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by greay »

muthafied wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:i had a conversation with a friend recently who not only tried to convince me that the book was interesting, but also that it was pretty much all true. he's oe of those impressionable types, bless him :roll:
Obviously the da vinci code story is fictional, but the historical information used to base the story from is true. So taking it from that point of view why then would catholics be getting so upset if there wasn't some truth/debate.
No. That's what he says in the beginning of the book, but he's lying. Some of it is somewhat true, but he either took liberties with most of the information, or simply isn't a good scholar. I'm leaning towards the latter.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

Godfearing greay wrote:
muthafied wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:i had a conversation with a friend recently who not only tried to convince me that the book was interesting, but also that it was pretty much all true. he's oe of those impressionable types, bless him :roll:
Obviously the da vinci code story is fictional, but the historical information used to base the story from is true. So taking it from that point of view why then would catholics be getting so upset if there wasn't some truth/debate.
No. That's what he says in the beginning of the book, but he's lying. Some of it is somewhat true, but he either took liberties with most of the information, or simply isn't a good scholar. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Yeah probably, all I can say is that I wasn't there two thousand years ago, were you? :)
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

I'm not really talking about that part of it. The idea that Jesus & Mary Magdelene had children? Not a new idea. That those children became the the French royal line? No one really takes it seriously, but it's not a new idea either. When you're dealing with conspiracy theories, it's hard to be wrong because someone probably said it, somewhere.

But pretty much everything he says about Da Vinci is wrong.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

Stumbled across the Starwars version of the last supper. No doubt about it the artist is quite talented.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/ ... supper.jpg

Lastly a funny thing happened in my country a few years back where the govenment put out a survey to find what religion people were into, a few thousand sent it back saying there religion was "The Force" haha lol. :D
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

muthafied wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
XPoGoX wrote:As bad as the book was..I think this will be a blockbuster hit, which I will be skipping.
Same. I can't believe I wasted a few hours of my life reading that crap.
Sorry im a little confused which book are you talking about the bible or the da vinci code? Its just that there quite hard to distinguish in this context.
The Da Vinci Code but I'm not that fond of either of them to be fair :P