The Da Vinci Code Trailer

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Da Vinci Code Trailer

Post by muthafied »

Just saw the Da Vinci Code trailer over at apple. Can't wait man! Although Silas doesn't have long white hair, luckily he still looks a badass monk. Luckily the film still looks pretty faithful to the book though.
Hmmm catholics are going to throw their toys when this comes out. :lol: Can't wait to see all the controversial news about it when it releases.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Breaking controversial news: shitty movie about a shitty book gets shitty reception.
No signature.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

As bad as the book was..I think this will be a blockbuster hit, which I will be skipping.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

Hmmm the book almost seems like it was designed to be made into a movie. I think the book had too many twists and thats one ingredient that Hollywood laps up.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

It has some great talent in it. Ron Howard (Director), Tom Hanks, Ian McKellan (Actors), Akiva Goldsman (Oscar winning screenplay writer).

I wouldn't say it will be bad just yet. I haven't read the book and I won't see the movie yet. Just doesn't interest me.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

toastman wrote:Breaking controversial news: crappy movie about a crappy book gets crappy reception.
But the question is, how many covers of magazines will this breaking news be on, and for how long? I wouldn't be surprised if they got a TV show out of it before the buzz is over.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

Godfearing greay wrote:
toastman wrote:Breaking controversial news: crappy movie about a crappy book gets crappy reception.
But the question is, how many covers of magazines will this breaking news be on, and for how long? I wouldn't be surprised if they got a TV show out of it before the buzz is over.
Newsweek is already running a front cover publication of this movie out soon (its already begun). I think Ron Howard made good casting decisions though ie. Audrey Tautou(Amelie) as Sophie. She maybe close to ten years my senior but I'd... :roll:
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I think they should have made "angels and demons" into a movie first. Angels and Demons is the first novel with "Robert Langdon" in it and it gives a good intro to the character of Robert Langdon and the story is compelling. I have not read TDVC and I wont until I have finished with A&D, but since A&D has also sold it's movie rights I think it should have been made prior to the TDVC movie. I saw the trailer tonight before king kong, and I thought it looked cool. Im not sure Tom Hanks was the actor I saw in my head when I was reading the Robert Langdon character, but I like Tom Hanks, and I think he works well with Ron Howard, so I think this should be a great movie.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

arrowhead wrote:but I like Tom Hanks, and I think he works well with Ron Howard, so I think this should be a great movie.
Yeah I guess, Apollo 13 is a good example but I don't know if there are any others?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

muthafied wrote:
arrowhead wrote:but I like Tom Hanks, and I think he works well with Ron Howard, so I think this should be a great movie.
Yeah I guess, Apollo 13 is a good example but I don't know if there are any others?
That was their only teamup before Da Vinci Code.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

XPoGoX wrote:As bad as the book was..I think this will be a blockbuster hit, which I will be skipping.
Same. I can't believe I wasted a few hours of my life reading that crap.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

CoasterKing wrote:
XPoGoX wrote:As bad as the book was..I think this will be a blockbuster hit, which I will be skipping.
Sorry im a little confused which book are you talking about the bible or the da vinci code? Its just that there quite hard to distinguish in this context.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

i had a conversation with a friend recently who not only tried to convince me that the book was interesting, but also that it was pretty much all true. he's oe of those impressionable types, bless him :roll:
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

not just souLLy now wrote:i had a conversation with a friend recently who not only tried to convince me that the book was interesting, but also that it was pretty much all true. he's oe of those impressionable types, bless him :roll:
Obviously the da vinci code story is fictional, but the historical information used to base the story from is true. So taking it from that point of view why then would catholics be getting so upset if there wasn't some truth/debate.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

it's another thing to get upset about ? - keeps 'having religion' from get boring, i mean god forbid you just go 'ok God exists, i believe in him, i think i'll live my life according to the teachings of Jesus Christ, right, that's that sorted then. were's the remote and what's for dinner ?'
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Im Catholic, I think there might be something to the legend of mary magdaline being "the grail". I have never really doubted much that Jesus has a lineage, and brothers and sisters. It isnt just religious people that are insane and cant see scientific truths and still believe in God, it is zealots that cant do both. I can, and do both. I am educated so I belive in evolution, I know bible stories are allegories and not absolutely true. I dont think God said, here are adam and eve, heres a flood and noah save the animals, etc. Be scared of Zealots guys, not religion.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

muthafied wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
Sorry im a little confused which book are you talking about the bible or the da vinci code? Its just that there quite hard to distinguish in this context.
da vinci code
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

Anyone seen that new teaser trailer for Mel Gibson's Apocalypto? Looks quite interesting since its about the Mayan civilization(something different for a change). The good thing about it is that there are no well known Hollwood actors which is weird for a studio picture. I guess it shows how much power Mel has especially after TPOTC.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

I saw that teaser....and have no idea what the movie is about. The end of an era?.
muthafied
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by muthafied »

XPoGoX wrote:I saw that teaser....and have no idea what the movie is about. The end of an era?.
Taken from comingsoon.net.

Apocalypto is a heart stopping mythic action-adventure set against the turbulent end times of the once great Mayan civilization. When his idyllic existence is brutally disrupted by a violent invading force, a man is taken on a perilous journey to a world ruled by fear and oppression where a harrowing end awaits him. Through a twist of fate and spurred by the power of his love for his woman and his family he will make a desperate break to return home and to ultimately save his way of life.

Hmmm ok...