NesterDC SE - All is ready

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by XDelusion »

So far with Nero it won't read the disc, I'll try it with Alchohol later.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I burned the disc juggler image with alcohol 120 worked for me, nero images didn't work on the latest nero.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

i burn with alcohol 120%, but i cant read the cd on the PC, i will test on DC at nigth
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Sorry that the CD building portion of the release is a hit or miss adventure, guys. I will work to get it more stable and user friendly soon.
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

I had to use BootDreams to get a working copy.

Also, is the Notes feature bugged? I just get a black screen and if I hit a certain button, a keyboard appears on-screen, but does nothing.

Also also, what does this mean for DreamScript?
IceRoseDivinegon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by IceRoseDivinegon »

I really like this emu and all (even though I had to do everything from my laptop cuz my stupid Windows XP desktop won't run bin2boot :evil: ) but does anyone else notice that the background music on the games seem to drown out everything else? (or do I need to clean out my ears?)
Sigs are for losers who crave attention. Cigarettes are for losers who crave nicotine. I'd rather crave nicotine than attention.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

impact135 wrote:captain skyhawk.. sorry for being off topic here.. but did you ever figure out why your game genie codes dont work for me on 7.1?

the only thing i can think of are the game genie codes on dcemulation.org are bad.. or it wont work if you use the program selfboot. OR maybe you only support eu roms and not usa roms. i dont know. the codes that i downloaded for nesterdc se work perfect.
I still think it was a combination of subdirectory's and/or burning program. Luckily it's not that important anymore, this is so much better! And Game Genie codes are fully displayed now (no more shortening the codes).

BTW, have you guys already noticed how adjustable NesterDC S.E. is? If you look at the .js files you can modify really every bit of the emu. I found this an accomplishment by itself: not only the emulator is perfect, also the whole programming language written around it is very complete. If some small things are corrected (most things where mentioned here already), than I really see this "emulator" as the flagship for Dreamcast homebrew.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Small problem: I noticed every time that I play around with the NSF player the emu gets all screwy when I try to play a game afterwards and I have to reboot.
FunkyPoopMonkey
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by FunkyPoopMonkey »

Best Dreamcast release of the year, by far! Fantastic work! I do agree with most of the suggestions so far, but it's still amazing. I guess my biggest gripe that has already been mentioned, is the need for some type of image for those ROMS which do not have one. Whether it is box art, cart art, title screen, or gameplay screen, if the game lacks the image, could you just make a generic "No Image Available" pic for those ROMS? That would be great. Otherwise, I find myself passing right over the games that lack the picture.

Oh and one question. Is there anyplace where I can download the image viewer for Dreamcast that you used for the NES manuals? The slideshow app I have for DC right now has nasty matted issues. There's like a square pattern across all the images where lines of pixels are removed. But the image viewer on NesterDCSE here is flawless!
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Scherzo, please allow games that are not in the database to be included...I want to be able to put all of the roster hacks for Tecmo Super Bowl on the disc...I just think it would be cool to play Tecmo Super Bowl with recent rosters...

Only other necessary thing to be included is Lightgun support for Duck Hunt...otherwise an almost PERFECT emulator...
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

Arqueiro wrote:i burn with alcohol 120%, but i cant read the cd on the PC, i will test on DC at nigth
you need to burn it in TAO mode for .cdi images. reads fine from a PC then.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Works fine for me! Nothing to complain about except the fact that it doesn't seem to save my surround set-up or video options and there's no background music support. Great emulator! You certainly brought everyone's standards up for new emulator's to follow, lol.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

is it me, or do the vmu saves have no icon? its just a red X.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

So, Scherzo, any news on when a new release may be forthcoming enbaling use of ROMs not in the master DB, adding support for lightgun, and adding generic icons to games without pics? Any idea?

Thanks for this release...even without these things, NesterDC SE is the best thing to hit the Sega DreamCast in like 4-5 years...
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

hrb2k3 wrote:is it me, or do the vmu saves have no icon? its just a red X.
same for me too!
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I didn't have time to make cute little icons for the saves. Sorry guys. It didn't seem like something that had to get done, but would have been nice.

As for when I'll make a new release... well, I'm taking a little break from coding right now. One reason that I forced a deadline on myself was that NesterDC SE was feeling like a monkey on my shoulders. It had lost it's fun in development. I just need a breather.
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

i think i found a bug.
I deleted the favorites list.
I created a new list and populated it a bit.
I shutdown my dreamcast.
The next time i started Nester dc se it loaded to the initial Mario art and no further. The dreamcast just wouldn't load the menu until I deleted the save file.
Well, I just thought I would share this.
Awesome work Scherzo. It's a great emulator.
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
ytsejam
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

ROM's not quite in alphabetic order?

Post by ytsejam »

There's only one thing that kind've bugs me. Not that i'm complaining, becuase this is such an amazing emu. And maybe it's something i've done wrong.

My games aren't completely in alphabetic order. It starts off with a few "A" games, then goes through my "#" games. Then it does the rest of A through Z. But then after "Z" it goes through a couple "B" games, a couple "C" games, and a few "R" games that weren't in their respective letters for some reason.

No huge deal but i'm kind've anal about stuff like that. I have no idea why it does this. Did anyone else run into this?
"trying to wake, from this daydream of illusion."
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

instead of following alphabetical it seems to follow "date modified"
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
GustavoSM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by GustavoSM »

I believe this happens to some games that begin with some letter but have other words before the real name of the game... Like maybe "Adventure Island", which is listed as "Hudson's Adventure Island". So the game begins with an H but is on the A section.

Maybe that's what's happening, I'm not sure.