Dreamcast Development Environment ISO r2

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast Development Environment ISO r2

Post by LyingWake »

Here's Release 2. I wanted to get a new version of my DCTool GUI in this release with support for GDB but it just kept giving me problems - I'll get around to releasing that once I get it working.

This time I've compile KOS myself and upgraded to the latest SVN (last night) which is 287. I'm still using GPF's tool-chain which has GCC 3.4.2, though I have also added GPF's Dreamcast-compiled GDB in this one.

In the last ISO release, the autorun program had quite a few errors, and I'm surprised as to how many people were able to get a working development environment. In this version I've fixed the errors and did a few cosmetic changes. Should be good.

I've moved over to using 7zip for the tool-chain from using the normal zip format. It took the file size down a bit compared to last release's tool-chain size, but not the ISO (or should I say, CDI ;)). Since this release has a lot of goodies and is actually 'Dreamcast-playable', the actual download size is 230 MB - about 15 MB bigger than the last ISO.

If you pop this disc in your Dreamcast, a simple self-created DreamInducer menu will load with choice to load dcload-IP or dcload-Serial (both versions 1.0.4). They were both compiled by GPF and have support for GDB.

If you download this later on down the road, you can simply update KOS to the latest version. I have added Subversion with simple instructions on how to update, replace and compile a freshly downloaded copy of KOS SVN.

What else is on the disc: Chankast (with my own binary loader and configuration file), dcemu (with all required files and DLLs), Code::Blocks v1.0rc2 (without a compiler), Dev-C++ v4.9.9.2 (without a compiler), dctool-IP 1.0.4, dctool-Serial 1.0.4, Cygwin DLLs for dctool, and last but not least a trimmed down Subversion 1.2.3 with instructions on updating KOS to the latest SVN.

For the download, check out the page located at Consolevision.com.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Holy crap. That's just amazing. I'm downloading it right now.
LyingWake wrote:If you pop this disc in your Dreamcast, a simple self-created DreamInducer menu will load with choice to load dcload-IP or dcload-Serial (both versions 1.0.4). They were both compiled by GPF and have support for GDB.
That's EXACTLY what I needed!
LyingWake wrote:If you download this later on down the road, you can simply update KOS to the latest version. I have added Subversion with simple instructions on how to update, replace and compile a freshly downloaded copy of KOS SVN.

What else is on the disc: Chankast (with my own binary loader and configuration file), dcemu (with all required files and DLLs), Code::Blocks v1.0rc2 (without a compiler), Dev-C++ v4.9.9.2 (without a compiler), dctool-IP 1.0.4, dctool-Serial 1.0.4, Cygwin DLLs for dctool, and last but not least a trimmed down Subversion 1.2.3 with instructions on updating KOS to the latest SVN.
Whoah! I don't even know what to say. :o

You make it all too easy. :o

EDIT: Whoah, I didn't know DCParticlez worked perfectly under Chankast!
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

maybe on the next release you can put the chui SDL lib....
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Arqueiro wrote:maybe on the next release you can put the chui SDL lib....
It is my understanding that there are quite a few little bugs with the SDL lib that chui made (based on what others have told me), more than with the original SDL lib. That's why its not in KOS (chui has personally requested it be put in KOS already).
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

W00t. I'll download this when I build my new comp.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Arqueiro wrote:maybe on the next release you can put the chui SDL lib....
I don't know what to plan for the next release yet. I definitely want to do one, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe for the next release I'll have people request what to put on it. This one is pretty packed, so you may not see a new one for awhile.

My idea already for the next release is to go through each packages in Cygwin's installer and make sure it installs ONLY what is needed. Though, that's a bit down the road right now.

Also, I forgot to mention a few people. Thanks to the following people:
BlackAura for just doing what he usually does; help explain things.
GPF for GDB, the tool-chains, dctool & dcload and help with my questions.
Quzar for help on last release and some ideas on this release.
MetaFox for the tutorial I based this ISO off of.
UndeadDC
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by UndeadDC »

Your awsome LyingWake. I was actually going to suggest to you to maybe put DEV C++ in a future release after I got around to getting it working for myself, but you beat me to it. Who says DC homebrew coders don't have a professional level set of tools? Too bad I don't have a friend who has high speed internet anymore, I'd love to be able to download it :(
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

What's about of the ECLIPSE IDE ? Maybe it can be configurated for dc developpement. The black point's that ide's running with a jre, so it can be very unstable and use lot of ram. But it's very functionnal.
pnpbios
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by pnpbios »

code::blocks is the best bet.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Everybody has their own taste in IDEs. My personal favorite is Xcode, but that's kinda for MacOS X. On windows, I always used Crimson Editor.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

I will say one thing, I hate CodeWarrior. That's the crap they make us use at school.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

[thanks BlueCrab]
Last edited by LyingWake on Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
pnpbios
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by pnpbios »

I reposted this in my other thread. I hope I get some help on it....
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm gonna go ahead and chop it out, since its in the other topic....
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I'm downloading it now! Thank you LyingWake :)
Insane homebrew collector.
pnpbios
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by pnpbios »

try just make instead of makefile?
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

i feel really stupid about this one. Ive gotten everything working, installed cygwin, devcpp, all the dc toolchain files and codeblocks. I like devcpp much more than codeblocks. but thats not the point how do i set up devcpp to use cygwin. Ive been trying for a long time and cant seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
pnpbios
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by pnpbios »

http://www.dchomebrew.org/dcfreedev.shtml

It's not quite what you are looking for, I bet. You are probably more interested in integrating with the cygwin compiler than doing a transplant...