Normal price for Commodore's?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Normal price for Commodore's?

Post by Sir Savant »

What is the going price for a Commodore 128 and Comodore Amiga 500. Both are boxed, in relatively good condition with I think all accessories.

Also, can I hook either of these up to a modern pc monitor? And use windows formatted floppies on the Amiga?

And what is the price for about 20 commodore 64/128 floppy disks (random games and crap)? Be honest, just interested. When I see a consensus, I will say how much I paid.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

windows formatted floppies on the Amiga?
And what is the price for about 20 commodore 64/128 floppy disks
OMG WAREZ!

I dunno about US prices, but I've seen them go for a lot more than I'd wanna pay. My gf said some salvation army or some crap store had an amiga with monitor going for $20. I was extremely pissed off when I went down there and it was no longer there I can tell you. eBay generally has them ending at atleast $100AU though.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Iced Coffee man
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Iced Coffee man »

I'll give you $10 for the lot
Fuck you, the dark patriot
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Very few Amigas could be connected to VGA monitors, and the ones that could were very late models (A4000). The proper Amiga monitors were just regular CRT televisions with RGB SCART inputs.

There were programmes available that let you read regular IBM PC floppy disks, but on their own, Amigas could only read their own disk format. You can use the same disks, but they'll have to be re-formatted first.

I've thrown away an Amiga A500+ and an Amiga 600, both fully functional, because nobody wants them any more. Outside of the UK and Germany, which are the only two countries they sold well in, their rarity might warrant a higher price.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Commodore 128 = about $15 ~ $20 for just the system + all hook ups and PSU. With Floppy + Monitor, around $45. (Generally C128's sell for $10 without any hook ups, or anything)

Amiga 500 = Around $15 or so for the system, and with hookups + PSU around $25.

Since they have their boxes, probably a wee bit more.

The games... around maybe $20 for the whole lot.

** Prices are in USD **

As for floppies.

If I remember correctly, you can only "read" Windows formatted Floppies on the Amiga 500, by passing a special mount command from the command line. In order to write, you have to format the disc to be Amiga native, which Windows won't be able to see anymore. Also since all modern day 3.5" floppies have the read/write tab, and an addition hole on the left, put a peice of tape over the left hole, in order for it to format correctly.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

az_bont wrote:I've thrown away an Amiga A500+ and an Amiga 600, both fully functional, because nobody wants them any more.
That line makes me sad, as an Amiga owner of course
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Hawq wrote:
az_bont wrote:I've thrown away an Amiga A500+ and an Amiga 600, both fully functional, because nobody wants them any more.
I whole heartedly agree with you Hawq...

az_bont next time ship them to me, i'll gladly pay postage from UK to US for just about anything Amiga related.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

4.99 for each. 0.99 for the games. That was what I paid.

I might sell the commodore since it has no drive I can use, but still waiting to see if I can snag a floppy drive for it.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Savant, it'll work with any 1541 / 1541-II, or any 1571 Floppy Drives. It will also work with any CMD 3.5" floppy drives and any CMD SCSI HD units as well.

Check out http://store.cmdrkey.com Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Yes, If you're a devoted C= enthusiast.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Does anyone here have the amiga one?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Invizix wrote:
Hawq wrote:
I whole heartedly agree with you Hawq...

az_bont next time ship them to me, i'll gladly pay postage from UK to US for just about anything Amiga related.
Have you ever felt the weight on an Amiga with power pack? It costs me about $8 in postage just to get a Genesis sent to me :|.

I would have really liked to keep them, but all my games went ages ago - my uncle borrowed them, and eventually his ex-girlfriend had them all. It was a shame, because I had hundreds of them :(.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

A few years ago I sold a Amiga 600, with: Sega Mega Drive pad, modern Amiga mouse, power supply and a monitor for 50 Euros plus shipping. I had to sell because I didn't have any free space in the house to store it.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Skynet wrote: I dunno about US prices, but I've seen them go for a lot more than I'd wanna pay. My gf said some salvation army or some crap store had an amiga with monitor going for $20. I was extremely pissed off when I went down there and it was no longer there I can tell you. eBay generally has them ending at atleast $100AU though.
My dad came home from work one day and said he spend the day cleaning out old store rooms they found (this is a big building, its amazing what they find some times) and they found some old Commadores, Amiga's etc all in perfect order. So they threw them out thinking they were worthless. I was speachless, I then showed him how much we could have got for them on ebay and he was pissed.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:o That makes me mad! :x

lol I still regret my dad selling our amiga back in the day. I loved the games on it :(
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I may put it up on ebay soon (ukess someone here wants them) so I can start to get another laptop.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

What condition is the A500 in physically, and how about the box?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

The box is okay, perhaps a little bulged (it has a modem, and floppy as well as a jooystick and mouse/pad in there too) with some damage around the edges (expected, especially considering it's age). Physically, it is in good condition, although I have not been able to test it (don't think it has a cable to connect to a tv and I have no monitor for it). Other then that, it is a little discolored, but less than a nintendo might be. It has a little bit of dirt that I have started to clean off, and the buttons seem to function. I guess I would rate it in good-very good condition, but I have nothing to compare it too.

Heavy as a bitch though, so shipping would be a lot to most anywhere.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

how much do you want for the c64 discs. shipped in the us
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

How much you want to pay? :twisted:

Seriously though, around 20 shipped. Hey, I got them on the cheap. I was just checking to see what you guys would think of price.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

well, it depends how many c64 discs you have, the 128's are useless to me...as i only have an old c64 and nothing to use with it...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods