NesterDC SE - Hard Release Date

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

The only enhancement to sound that I put in is the ability to pan each of the NES' sound channels separately, thus producing a stereo effect. By default, square 1 is panned somewhat left while square 2 is panned the same amount right. Since these two channels are almost always used for the melody and matching harmony in NES games, the stereo effect is very pleasant. The rest of the channels are centered but you can configure the panning however you like.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I thought he was referring to the fact that there are those few mappers that have PSGs in them.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

If he is, VRC6 games work well with a little slow down and sound great by the way. CV3 Jap rocks. VRC7 games like Lagrange Point have so much extra processing that they aren't even playable. I don't think there were very many of these games developed though, so it really isn't an issue in the whole scheme of things.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sir Savant »

OMG Hurry 2 more days!
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

clock is almost done ticking, but out curiosity, at the exact second the time ends, will the link be available, or will there have to be some time to physically update the page.
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

DcSteve wrote:clock is almost done ticking, but out curiosity, at the exact second the time ends, will the link be available, or will there have to be some time to physically update the page.
If you are viewing the page when the clock hits zero the page will refresh itself and show the real NesterDC SE website. Oh, and just so everyone knows, the countdown is based on 12/10/2005 12:00 AM US Central Daylight Savings Time. So you people east of me in Ney York and even over in England have to wait longer for it and anybody west of me gets it early.

EDIT: Oh, and just in case anyone was going to try, you can't cheat that page into giving it to you early by setting your system clock to after the release time. The true switch is kept server-side.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

hope nobody is behind a proxy
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Since the cd builder gets info from your site, is your server ready to serve?
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

abydos1000 wrote:Since the cd builder gets info from your site, is your server ready to serve?
Everything is up, yeah. It'll be interesting to see how much my monthly transfer will go up after the release. After the release, it might be a good idea to have some mirror sites for what I call the "library". I thought of this in the making of the CD builder and put in the option to change the URL of the library. If anyone wants to host a mirror of the goodies library on their site let me know.
nsps
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by nsps »

The pulsing works in Safiri, but it says 37982 days, 10 hours...

Can't wait for this emu?been excited for a while now.
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

1 day 3 hours to go as of thursday dec 8 :D
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Some notes and corrections about NES/Famicom mappers with extra sound support:

VRC7 games run 100% speed with VirtuaNES on a 500MHz PC with full sound,so how come with NesterDC,it gets a mere 1 fps? Strange.It's not the CPU of the DC that can't do it,but the code is broken/slow.

What about games with other sound chips: FDS games have their own extra sound channel,then there's Namco's N106 and Sunsoft's FME7

Gimmick1 uses FME7,not VRC6. Akumajou Densetsu uses VRC6 and Lagrange Point uses VRC7.FDS games use FDS extra sound.Mappy Kids uses N106.I think there are other chips too.

Try the second and third level of Mappy Kids to experience the great improvement the N106 does to the normal NES sound :) The composition is not that good,but the sound quality is a lot smoother than a normal NES...

Japanese games using MMC5 sound the same as any normal US NES games,but normal JP Famicom games sound worse than the normal NES ones.
Japanese famicom has 1 sound channel less,but has external sound output that US NES doesn't.
So,the only Japanese games that sound great are those that use mappers that have Ext. sound output (MMC5,FDS,N106,FME7,VRC6,VRC7,...)

What game does sound so great,you'll wonder what kind of additional mapper chip is used,but has no sound enhancements at all?
It's hard to decide between these two. Just listen to the US versions of 'Solstice' and 'Journey To Silius'.If you have the NSFs,use VirtuaNSF as the best NSF player ever.

Just 12 hours remaining :)
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

VRC7 games run 100% speed with VirtuaNES on a 500MHz PC with full sound,so how come with NesterDC,it gets a mere 1 fps? Strange.It's not the CPU of the DC that can't do it,but the code is broken/slow.
Maybe you're right. I'll just have to investigate that in the future.
Just listen to the US versions of 'Solstice' and 'Journey To Silius'.If you have the NSFs,use VirtuaNSF as the best NSF player ever.
Yes, Journey To Silius rocks very much.
If you have the NSFs,use VirtuaNSF as the best NSF player ever.
I like the Winamp plugin called NotSoFatso. It convinced me to put in the effort for the stereo effect.
D-Roc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by D-Roc »

I'm very dissappointed the "Clean your room and scoop your Kitty Litter box" function won't be included. Maybe in version 1.1 aye? Seriously though, I can't wait to give this badboy a try. Under 1 day left. (Cue Europe's "The Final Countdown)
Born to lose. Live to Win.
cky2k3
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cky2k3 »

Not long now!! This will be the best DC homebrew christmas release of all time!! It is so impressive i can't wait to use it!
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Hopefully torrents will be available soon too.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Hopefully torrents will be available soon too.
Hmmm, the initial download isn't that big at all and the goodies are downloaded directly by the CD builder. I don't see torrents helping.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

If you need any bandwidth, let me know. I have a ton going to waste, about 130GB a month.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Wow, and what is your server's connection like? Speedy?
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

12 hours left.... :D
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com