NesterDC SE - Hard Release Date

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DARKGATE »

A question scherzo, but we where find the snapshot of box games of NINTENDO, for put in you emu?
P.S. i think wich you emu been the more beauty of world, better of all the emus for pc.
LEARN PEOPLES WICH WORK THE emulators ON PC, THE PLATFORM FOR EMU IS DREAMCAST , and we have coders with GREATS BALLS. :P )()(
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Will it have VRC6 and VRC7 audio support? (ex. Gimmick! (VRC6 - enhanced PSG with FM modulation) and Lagrange Point (VRC7 - 100% FM-synthesized sound)?
These 2 games sound *mindblowing* for a NES game.It's more like listening to a Game Boy Advance or a Genesis.
Akumajou Densetsu (CastleVania III JP) sounds a lot better than the US version and does not use MMC5 at all. Will this version work with the ext. sound and will this one be running fullspeed,since it doesn't use MMC5?
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

Will it run the Sonic 1 bonus level without glitches?
Sega of Japan wrote:Offline - No confusion! No Boring! No Silence!
Online - No Loneliness! No Typing!
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

A question scherzo, but we where find the snapshot of box games of NINTENDO, for put in you emu?
P.S. i think wich you emu been the more beauty of world, better of all the emus for pc.
LEARN PEOPLES WICH WORK THE emulators ON PC, THE PLATFORM FOR EMU IS DREAMCAST , and we have coders with GREATS BALLS
If I understand your question correctly, you're worried about where you'll find the screenshots and such to put with NesterDC SE. Don't worry because I have done all of that for you. All the screenshot are hosted on my site and the CD builder automatically downloads them based on what games you have.
Will it have VRC6 and VRC7 audio support? (ex. Gimmick! (VRC6 - enhanced PSG with FM modulation) and Lagrange Point (VRC7 - 100% FM-synthesized sound)?
These 2 games sound *mindblowing* for a NES game.It's more like listening to a Game Boy Advance or a Genesis.
Akumajou Densetsu (CastleVania III JP) sounds a lot better than the US version and does not use MMC5 at all. Will this version work with the ext. sound and will this one be running fullspeed,since it doesn't use MMC5?
Yes, VRC6 and VRC7 work. But...

I just tested the two games you mentioned, Gimmick and Lagrange Point. You're right. These games sound incredible!! The only downside is that Gimmick suffers a 5-10fps drop. But that isn't bad at all. The game is very playable.

As for Lagrange Point. Not so good. The sound processing must be so heavy that it takes the game down to 1 fps!!! You can forget about playing that. It's all messed up. I even tried listening to the NSF. Same super slowness.

You are very right about Castlevania 3. The US version is rather slow but the Japanese version, because it doesn't use MMC5, is fullspeed. The only thing is that the last time I tested it the music was fast and high pitched. I'm not sure why yet.

EDIT: Just tested CV3 Jap again. It is not totally fullspeed. It's like Gimmick where it loses up to 10 fps. Still perfectly playable.
Last edited by Strapping Scherzo on Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Hobbes T Tiger wrote:Will it run the Sonic 1 bonus level without glitches?
Wha? Do you think this is a Genesis emulator? Or are you talking about Somari, the bootleg-ish Sonic clone for Famicom?
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:D THANK YOU SCHERZO, you have understand perfectly my question, excuse me but my english is poor.
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:
Hobbes T Tiger wrote:Will it run the Sonic 1 bonus level without glitches?
Wha? Do you think this is a Genesis emulator? Or are you talking about Somari, the bootleg-ish Sonic clone for Famicom?
No :D
Sega of Japan wrote:Offline - No confusion! No Boring! No Silence!
Online - No Loneliness! No Typing!
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

4 days 18 hours 6 minutes 9 seconds letf !

i cant wait !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

3 days 11 hours!!! YAY!!!! I can't wait! Anyways, maybe I misunderstood, but is this emulator going to have advanced PSG?! Things seems to be looking REALLY well for this emulator. I am having a problem understanding what's wrong with Castlevania 3 though. I have it on Nester 6.5 and it works fine. Why isn't it full speed here? Thanks for the info!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Syd »

jessman wrote:3 days 11 hours!!! YAY!!!! I can't wait! Anyways, maybe I misunderstood, but is this emulator going to have advanced PSG?! Things seems to be looking REALLY well for this emulator. I am having a problem understanding what's wrong with Castlevania 3 though. I have it on Nester 6.5 and it works fine. Why isn't it full speed here? Thanks for the info!
I think the definition of "fullspeed" for Castlevania 3 is more technical than anything else. If my understanding is correct, while CV3 looked fullspeed and played like it was fullspeed on nesterDC 6.0, it wasn't officially fullspeed without skipping any frames. It looked good enough for me though, and if it plays at that speed on NesterDC SE then I'll be happy. :)
"and if your kids don't obey you, you can always beat them with a sack of Valencia oranges. They don't leaves bruises and your kids will always know who's boss."
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

anyone know a program to sort nes roms ?
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

jessman wrote:advanced PSG?!
I'm sorry. I'm probably an idiot. What is PSG?
jessman wrote:I am having a problem understanding what's wrong with Castlevania 3 though. I have it on Nester 6.5 and it works fine. Why isn't it full speed here?
Are you sure you were using the US version of Castlevania 3?

It is entirely possible that I managed to screw something up while in the process of fixing other things and this might be why Castlevania 3 and other MMC5 carts are goofed. A lot of maybes. Either way, I'm going to release Saturday morning regardless. I will still try to fix some things after and make another release down the road. But my main intention was to ensure that I get this out before Christmas.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Arqueiro wrote:anyone know a program to sort nes roms ?
If you're thinking more about an auditing tool, the best I know of is GoodNES. If you're worried about having correctly named games for NesterDC SE, don't. The CD builder will automatically give your ROMs the proper names using an internal GoodNES database.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

PSG = Programmable Sound Generator ( could also stand for Pulse Signal Generator, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't in this situation).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

OK, yeah, that doesn't apply to this.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:
Arqueiro wrote:anyone know a program to sort nes roms ?
If you're thinking more about an auditing tool, the best I know of is GoodNES. If you're worried about having correctly named games for NesterDC SE, don't. The CD builder will automatically give your ROMs the proper names using an internal GoodNES database.
NICE ! i tink that i have some dupliced roms, can it delete that too ?
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Heh. Well, an example of enhanced PSG is when using the SMS emulator DEKA with enhanced sound. It really makes the games feel different in an awsome way, but I guess no one would really want to mess around with the nes' intruments. Anyways, I "thought" that I was using the US rom. It ran buttery smooth and exactly like it did on the pc, imo. Well, thanks for replying! I really appreciate you working so hard on this emulator!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Syd »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:
jessman wrote:I am having a problem understanding what's wrong with Castlevania 3 though. I have it on Nester 6.5 and it works fine. Why isn't it full speed here?
Are you sure you were using the US version of Castlevania 3?

It is entirely possible that I managed to screw something up while in the process of fixing other things and this might be why Castlevania 3 and other MMC5 carts are goofed. A lot of maybes. Either way, I'm going to release Saturday morning regardless. I will still try to fix some things after and make another release down the road. But my main intention was to ensure that I get this out before Christmas.
I'm positive I was using the US rom on NesterDC 6.0. I can't remember what it was like on 7.0/7.1 because I don't normally use those versions. But on 6.0 Castlevania 3 was definitely running fullspeed with no lagging whatsoever. Actually, the only game I experienced any lag on in that version was River City Ransom when using 2 players.
"and if your kids don't obey you, you can always beat them with a sack of Valencia oranges. They don't leaves bruises and your kids will always know who's boss."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

jessman wrote:Heh. Well, an example of enhanced PSG is when using the SMS emulator DEKA with enhanced sound. It really makes the games feel different in an awsome way, but I guess no one would really want to mess around with the nes' intruments. Anyways, I "thought" that I was using the US rom. It ran buttery smooth and exactly like it did on the pc, imo. Well, thanks for replying! I really appreciate you working so hard on this emulator!
The PSG is the sound chip on the SMS (I would know, I'm writing a SMS emulator for the Mac, and I just wrote in PSG emulation to it in the past few days...), so it would make sense only in the case of the SMS to have enhanced PSG. It would make entirely no sense in the case of the NES. Something similar could be attained, possibly, but not exactly "enhanced PSG".