The Official DCEmu MarioKart WiFi List

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by royhubbs »

VERY offtopic but, I have a question.. Im getting a ds and was wondering if I should buy Mario Kart new? or if I should just get it off gamefly used? .Basiclly if it saves online race stats on the cart ill def get a new copy. but Im not sure how it works
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Friend codes are tied to a combination of game and DS, so it's iffy if a used game will even work....

My friend code is 133204-365828
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

yeah. I was under the same impression. thats why I just spent a little more and got a new copy rather than used.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

used copies will work. [warez]with the rom, people have reported that the game makes a new friend-code for every time it makes a new save. [/warez]

you should be fine getting a used game. just delete their saved game.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

hmm ok then thanks guys.. soon ill be postiong my friend code :)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

:o Oh man--talk about an off night. I kept bumping into shit, and went off track *twice* (both times bumping me from a tenuous lead to an irrecoverable distance behind)
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

yeah. kind of weirded me out there for a sec. in desert hills you flew past me and the next thing i knew you were behind me a good distance. close race though.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

[nods] Good job, sir. Sorry I wasn't very good competition tonight--maybe I'm just overly tired.

Am I the only one who was just slightly disappointed that the game doesn't have any SNES battle mode courses in it? The SNES game is the only version where I felt that Battle Mode was legitimately as fun as the main game--yet they don't design any battle levels like the SNES ones any more. (though the Pipe Plaza is kinda fun...)
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I've been wanting to play some of you guys again online in the last few days but I really busted my hand up at work and had to get stitches. In a week or so when they come out, I can't wait to start playing again. :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

hehe. I should also add that when we had that quick game this morning, when I saw just one player pop up in the search, I was telling myself "it better not be fiddler. if it is, im gonna get a nice ass whoopin again." Im pretty sure once your name popped up, I said "Oh Shit!" out loud. :lol:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Vchat: Hah--you'll get your beating proper once I'm done with the fall quarter at university ;)

Skynet: Yeesh! What happened? You're okay, yeah?
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

You guys seem to play against each other often. Are you guys aftaid to play against me? I'll rock damadfids.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Not really--I guess we just happen to be on at the same time the most when we do try. I'm not on anything near daily, but when I am, it's usually somewhere between 9pm and 1am PST.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

heres my code..ill be added all of ya.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

It seems Nintendo stuck the lame 'snaking' technique into MK like they did into F-Zero... :(

Seems like half the games I've played had people bunny hopping round the tracks continously :?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Skynet: Yeesh! What happened? You're okay, yeah?
Nothing terribly serious, it's only 4 stitches, but because of where it is on my hand it makes it uncomfortable to play games for too long.

I was pulling something down off the top shelf while standing on a ladder, I can't remember what happened but somehow the carton squashed my hand onto the edge of the shelving. The weight of the carton caused my hand to be driven into the shelf edge and it ripped into my hand. It's a very jagged cut and not very clean at all. :o If it was a slice that would be fine, but this kinda kept crushing down on my flesh until it broke the skin and tore me up a bit. :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well I suck online. Ive lost about 8 times and won once. :D Everybody seems to do that 'snaking' thing where you get the power slide boosts while going straight by tightly weaving across the track.

Plus Im sick of those god damn blue shells. I know they are a staple of Mario Kart, but about half of all my losses have been caused by them. They instantly undo all your good work that got you into first place, and you dont seem to be able to defend yourself in any way. Craptastic.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Doing better :)

:o I checked my records today:

VS: 3 wins, 1 loss
Battle: (no records)
WiFi Match: 70 wins, 30 losses

I didn't realize I'd even *played* that many games!
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

holy hell im awful online, haha. I thought i was ok at this game...most ppl ive played poweslide through the whole map, as boney said....bah!.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

I just found about a half a dozen AP's earlier just going across town. I believe I found 3 motorola AP's, about 5 linksys ap's, and 2 netgear AP's. all open and default (ssid was the mfr. name). I even had more than one AP show up during a scan at a few points. I kept telling my mom that I should get a large map of the town and start jotting down all these AP's for future reference.