yeahhh... sooo.... I bought an Xbox

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chaniyth »

Thanks all for the tips, links, and your opinions on what titles to purchase. :D

If there's anything else I should know, of if you know of more titles which are good to have, post them. :)
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

yea. like nyar said, jsrf is amazing.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

Tall Israeli wrote:
Crazy Caboose wrote:You'll get flagged though, so there's a higher chance of getting banned. The free alternatives to Xbox Live are XBConnect (I prefer) and X Link Kai (I could never get it working).
I can't stand either of those services. Everyone is either playing Halo 1 or Halo 2.
and cheatin' and trash talking like knuckle draggers
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

Pablo wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:
Crazy Caboose wrote:You'll get flagged though, so there's a higher chance of getting banned. The free alternatives to Xbox Live are XBConnect (I prefer) and X Link Kai (I could never get it working).
I can't stand either of those services. Everyone is either playing Halo 1 or Halo 2.
and cheatin' and trash talking like knuckle draggers
well i havent played it a lot, but the few halo2 games i played on Kai were nice, i was one of the few with an actuall headsett, so i didnt get trashtalked (and i think you can easily mute the entire room anyway) and i came in second or third most my games, ruling out extensive cheating imho

i guess some rooms can be bad, but like any PC game, its all about finding a nice server to play on with good folk, i do this for most my PC games too, and once i find a good server, i stick with it
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i dont have my xbox modded ,and all that ,but i bought my Xbox back in august. I've been extremely happy with my purchase. Id like to mod out the xbox ,but im worried about modding it ,and being banned from xbox live considering my main purpose for buying my Xbox was to play online. Yeah ps2 has online ,but i didnt enjoy the ps2 online experince as much as Xbox's. i just hope Microsoft doesn't kill off regular xbox live anytime soon.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Crazy Caboose wrote:
atf487 wrote:Soft-mods are very convenient but make it much more difficult when upgrading hardware. I flashed the tsop on my old xbox and it was great, although that might not be possible on your new xbox.

Currently, I have a UDE1 softmod that works fine. But if you want to buy upgrade the HD then get a chip because it's much less of a hassle.
I found it a breeze to upgrade the HD. All you do it unlock use Xbox Hard Drive Maker to recreate the xbox partition table and then it restores all of your files. It restores the MS Dash, and then you just do the softmod (the softmod files are still there) and huzzah, you're done.
Whoa...back in the day you would need to hotswap and do a hd copy to the new HD you wanted. I didn't know that Hard Drive Maker program existed!
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I second KOTOR; it got me back into Star Wars again.

However, I probably would have gone pre-owned or waited. Considering that the 360 is out, $179 even with a game seems steep to me.

If you didn't play it on the PS2, I would suggest Beyond Good and Evil. Panzer Dragoon Oorta is another good one to go with (short, but many reasons to keep playing).
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

A few more games I recommend you try that haven't already been mentioned are Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Rallisport Challenge 2, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, MotoGP 3, Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, Jade Empire.

Also get Ninja Gaiden Black & Fable: Lost Chapters rather than the originals as they are both budget priced but have a bunch of extra content.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Doom 3 is pretty cool
Raz's Hell is funny
Crimson Skies is great, just great
Panzer Dragon Orta is also great.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

CoasterKing wrote:Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Seconded. That plus a few more already mentioned make up my list:
KUF: Crusaders, Fable, Otogi 2, OutRun 2, Raze's Hell, (and if you don't already own them on other platforms:) Burnout 3, KOTOR, Legacy of Kain defiance, Mercenaries, Thief 3
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Never played but I have heard good things about Indigo Prophecy..if you're into that kinda game...and as a fan of the one for the saturn, I'd also recommend Panzer Dragoon Orta...it should be fairly cheap on ebay..

I recently bought a x-box from ebay that needs some work...hopefully, I can get it working cause my whole reason for buying was for emulation; modding; and so that I can play some of the games that I missed out on while I was playing the cube and nothing else...

btw: the dvd drives, etc are interchangable, eight? I wanted to put a samsung dvd drive in the one I bought cause it has a crappy thompson and makes a wheezing noise. That, and with the samsung, it's sposed to be the best of the three dvd drives, and plays dvd-r; cd-rs. etc
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

the drives are pretty easy to change out it took me 15 minutes to change out mine
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Samsung is not always the best DVD drive. I have a Samsung, and though it's quiet and gives me no problems as far as games go, it won't read CD-Rs. Infact, it even refuses to copy Enhanced music CDs to my hard drive.

Also, if you're going to get Fable, wait until Fable: The Lost Chapters is out (or is it already out?).
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Kenichi wrote:Also, if you're going to get Fable, wait until Fable: The Lost Chapters is out (or is it already out?).
It's out already. They just replaced the original Platinum Hits Fable with the new one. You have to watch carefully, though, because the cover looks identical except for a small "The Lost Chapters" on the bottom of the case.