Reading that world is ending on 2006, what do you think?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

The bible clearly states several things will happen before the end of the world. One of them is a world government (we don't have that nor are anywhere close to having it). It also states that in order to buy anything you will have to have the mark of the beast. The mark of the best IS NOT a chip imbedded in your skin, and it is not the keychain cards with barcodes that save you money at the store (I remember a women actually being scared of those because she thought it was the mark of the beast. The Mark of the Beast is said to be a marking (basically tatoo) on either the back of your hand or on your forehead. Once you are branded with this mark you are condemmed to hell and it CAN NOT be removed. I hardly think a card on a keychain or even those chips with medical information in the skin is impossible to remove, nor are they considered Tatoos.

Also it is said there will be terrible disasters that will happen in places that they shouldn't. That doesn't mean a man made structure failing counts. PErhaps that giant tidal wave that hit oversears awhile back maybe.

Im not 100% sure on all of this, but to simply say the world will end in 1 year is abit much. If you want to go by what the bible says read all of it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Veggita2099 wrote:The bible clearly states several things will happen before the end of the world. One of them is a world government (we don't have that nor are anywhere close to having it). It also states that in order to buy anything you will have to have the mark of the beast. The mark of the best IS NOT a chip imbedded in your skin, and it is not the keychain cards with barcodes that save you money at the store (I remember a women actually being scared of those because she thought it was the mark of the beast. The Mark of the Beast is said to be a marking (basically tatoo) on either the back of your hand or on your forehead. Once you are branded with this mark you are condemmed to hell and it CAN NOT be removed. I hardly think a card on a keychain or even those chips with medical information in the skin is impossible to remove, nor are they considered Tatoos.

Also it is said there will be terrible disasters that will happen in places that they shouldn't. That doesn't mean a man made structure failing counts. PErhaps that giant tidal wave that hit oversears awhile back maybe.

Im not 100% sure on all of this, but to simply say the world will end in 1 year is abit much. If you want to go by what the bible says read all of it.
Revelations is pretty silly.

I do find the idea that it was written as a code to send messages about Rome or what not interesting though. Can't remember where I heard about that. Possibly true, possibly not.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

BTW, both sony and nintendo would be pretty pissed if the world ended next year, microsoft would still have some sales on their 360, but its doubtfull sony and nintendo could launch their machines before TEOTWAWKI, let alone have some decent sales figs :D

wow, if the world does come to an end in 2006, MS will have ruled the next gen consolewars :D
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

not just souLLy now wrote:
Rand Linden wrote:
Godfearing greay wrote:<snip>
If you have something to say, post it properly instead of "hiding" it in a tiny-sized font -- That kind of lame crap belongs in null.
Isn't that a bit uncalled for, particularly when your only contribution to the thread was to point that out?
He's got a point though. It's annoying to have to quote a post just to read the tiny text. I agree with Rand here: if you want to post, post. If you want to post tiny text that requires the reader to quote the text, do it in null.

And, on the subject of the thread: people have been saying the world is going to end since before Roman times.

The Earth will end eventually when the sun's gravitational pull finally sucks it in. But by then, there will probably be another dominant race on the planet thanks to evolution - and none of us will have to worry about it.
Last edited by MetaFox on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

MetaFox wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:
Rand Linden wrote:
Godfearing greay wrote:<snip>
If you have something to say, post it properly instead of "hiding" it in a tiny-sized font -- That kind of lame crap belongs in null.
Isn't that a bit uncalled for, particularly when your only contribution to the thread was to point that out?
He's got a point though. It's annoying to have to quote a post just to read the tiny text. I agree with Rand here: if you want to post, post. If you want to post tiny text that requires the reader to quote the text, do it in null.
Then he should've just made it large sized for everyone instead of just bitching about it.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Another thing that must happen, the "False Prophet" must rebuild the [Jewish] Temple on "The Rock". However, Isreal and Palenstine ARE having peace talks, and so the Temple perhaps could be rebuilt.

When this happens, then be nervous.

We have to remember, that most things in the prophetic books in the Bible are symbolic.

Also, the
"Number of a Man" aka "Mark of the Beast" is not the number 666. It is the number 616.
Last edited by Chaniyth on Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Ah, Religious nuts. Is there no end to their hilarity!
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Rand Linden wrote:
Godfearing greay wrote: <snip>

Rand.
Sorry. It's been fixed. I don't see the null comment as relevant, though -- It's a matter of it's-legible-on-my-setup and me being an idiot & forgetting that it's not going to be on everyone else's.
not just souLLy now wrote:wtf is bible code?

sounds like someone already had a hypothesis and used random out of context bible quotes to support it, for more info see pretty much every supremicists group in history's justification for killing and inciting hatred etc.
It's basically doing crossword-searches with the Hebrew text of the Bible (the Torah, though I do think some Christians do the same with the New Testament). This is meant to "prove" that it's the work of God.

So "out of context bible quotes" doesn't really cover it.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Godfearing greay wrote:
Rand Linden wrote:
Godfearing greay wrote: <snip>

Rand.
Sorry. It's been fixed. I don't see the null comment as relevant, though -- It's a matter of it's-legible-on-my-setup and me being an idiot & forgetting that it's not going to be on everyone else's.
not just souLLy now wrote:wtf is bible code?

sounds like someone already had a hypothesis and used random out of context bible quotes to support it, for more info see pretty much every supremicists group in history's justification for killing and inciting hatred etc.
It's basically doing crossword-searches with the Hebrew text of the Bible (the Torah, though I do think some Christians do the same with the New Testament). This is meant to "prove" that it's the work of God.

So "out of context bible quotes" doesn't really cover it.
but surely you can find anything you want given some time using this method considering the bible is a lengthy collection of books.

put simply, if you're a christian you believe god doesn't watch from afar, but is an active participant in the worlds events, and thus the end of the world will happen when God wants it to happen and perhaps isn't at a fixed date- man has some influence on this, and the decisions we make can effect it- or so is my understanding.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

not just souLLy now wrote: ...

but surely you can find anything you want given some time using this method considering the bible is a lengthy collection of books.

put simply, if you're a christian you believe god doesn't watch from afar, but is an active participant in the worlds events, and thus the end of the world will happen when God wants it to happen and perhaps isn't at a fixed date- man has some influence on this, and the decisions we make can effect it- or so is my understanding.
THE BIBLE CODE IS A SILLY, DUMB, FAKE, FALSE, EVIL, NASTY, DISMAL FRAUD AND SNAKE-OIL HOAX (from one othe pages I linked to earlier in the thread. This one's actually done with The Bible Code itself, not the Bible)

Given the methods involved, you don't even need a very long text.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i wonder if the person who decided the world was going to end from the bible code actually read the bible. because you know that whole part in there about man will never know the hour of the second coming so always be prepared. in the New Testement there's 3 parables that i can remember off the top of my head about this.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Covar wrote:i wonder if the person who decided the world was going to end from the bible code actually read the bible. because you know that whole part in there about man will never know the hour of the second coming so always be prepared. in the New Testement there's 3 parables that i can remember off the top of my head about this.
It bears repeating that the guy who wrote the original book is Jewish, so while he may very well have read the New Testament, he doesn't believe it's the word of God. The "Bible" in the "Bible Code" is the Torah.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

if the Bible code is written by someone Jewish and based on the Torah wouldn't we need to see the real coming of the real Messiah first and for sometime before all the shit hits the fan ?

i'm looking on the positive side here . . .
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

Godfearing greay wrote:Sorry. It's been fixed. I don't see the null comment as relevant, though -- It's a matter of it's-legible-on-my-setup and me being an idiot & forgetting that it's not going to be on everyone else's.
Thanks -- I appreciate that you've adjusted the size (FYI, at 1280x1024 the text is microscopic.)

I've seen it a few times in your posts and figured you did it on purpose (as opposed to it being related to your font/desktop settings) -- hence the "null" comment, and the reason I didn't just quote the text in my post.

Rand.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Rand Linden wrote:
Godfearing greay wrote:Sorry. It's been fixed. I don't see the null comment as relevant, though -- It's a matter of it's-legible-on-my-setup and me being an idiot & forgetting that it's not going to be on everyone else's.
Thanks -- I appreciate that you've adjusted the size (FYI, at 1280x1024 the text is microscopic.)

I've seen it a few times in your posts and figured you did it on purpose (as opposed to it being related to your font/desktop settings) -- hence the "null" comment, and the reason I didn't just quote the text in my post.

Rand.
what?
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

melancholy wrote:
Roofus wrote:
melancholy wrote:I think the world will end when oil runs out. Actually, the Earth will still be here, but humans probably won't.
We got by for 10,000 years without petroleum. Life would be radically different, to be sure but I don't think petroleum is critical to the survival of the human race.

Of course, if they ever come up with a viable alternative, it becomes a moot pont.

Either way, as the Borg say, "We will adapt."
You cannot deny that it will wipe out a hell of a lot of people in this country, though, if no alternative is created.
I don't, but you said that the human race would probably end without oil. There's plenty of places that don't depemd on oil at all.

To be honest, humans are *so* spread out that I'm not sure what, short of the sun exploding could kill everyone. Even if something succeeded in killing 99.9% of all humans, that still leaves over 6 million people, which is more than enough to sustain a population.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Why do so many people misread "end of the world" as "end of human existance"

Even if we did all die because of lack of things like oil, that would still leave a massive number of species unaffected, and the world would continue.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Roofus wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Roofus wrote:
melancholy wrote:I think the world will end when oil runs out. Actually, the Earth will still be here, but humans probably won't.
We got by for 10,000 years without petroleum. Life would be radically different, to be sure but I don't think petroleum is critical to the survival of the human race.

Of course, if they ever come up with a viable alternative, it becomes a moot pont.

Either way, as the Borg say, "We will adapt."
You cannot deny that it will wipe out a hell of a lot of people in this country, though, if no alternative is created.
I don't, but you said that the human race would probably end without oil. There's plenty of places that don't depemd on oil at all.

To be honest, humans are *so* spread out that I'm not sure what, short of the sun exploding could kill everyone. Even if something succeeded in killing 99.9% of all humans, that still leaves over 6 million people, which is more than enough to sustain a population.
Yeah, I was being overdramatic in my first post.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

well, destroying the entire world, or killing of the human race wont be that hard, granted there arent much things which would do the trick within a few seconds, or even hours, but give it a few decades and there are enough things to kill off everyone

a good example of a split second event would be a gamma ray burst, this happens when a star converts from a certain form to another (not sure how it happens) and a giant burst of gamma radiation gets emitted, enough to sterilize an entire galaxy within however long it takes for the gamma rays to travel from one end to the other

as for longer events, think commet, a climat change resulting from a commet strike wiped out the dinosaurs, now i realize humans could withstand that with artificial heating and shelter, but there are some changes we couldnt survive

not to say we are doomed though, but there is a miriad of scenarios in which humanity would die out pretty fast
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Ive heard about those gamma ray bursts. No way to plan for it, no way to detect it coming, no way to prevent it, and we'd all burst into nothingness in an instant, and one could hit right....now!