complete newb who wants to start modding.

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
JohnnyApathy
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

complete newb who wants to start modding.

Post by JohnnyApathy »

hey, i recently got the idea for a few mods i would LOVE to make...but i'm not 100% sure how to go about it. here's what i understand so far:

1 - download BoR for dc from senile team (is this the one that includes MP and all that jazz?)

2 - download the BoR editor from senile team. install in a specific directory.

that's when i'm lost. i'll tell you what i want to do, i want to use sprites from Marvel Vs Capcom 2, but i want an MP bar to use for mutant powers. here are my questions...

1 - do i need to know promgramming languages? C, C++, Python? or is it just basic commands/is there a guide that tells me what i need to put where?

2 - what would i use to rip sprites? i've read that neorage is supposed to work, but i can't figure out how it would. could i just use photoshop and my MvC2 Dreamcast disc?

3 - can i have different buttons select different costumes when people are selecting their characters? alternate costumes and the like.

i think those are my most pressing issues. once i know those, my brother and i will start work on it. we're both excited, and my idea is basically a Marvel brawler. my character list would set my game apart, Ben Reilly/Scarlet spider, Nightcrawler, Spiderwoman, Deadpool, etc. i would greatly appriciate any help.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

well

Post by vicviper74 »

You dont need to know how to code, unless you want to alter the source of BOR. I know that there is an open BOR floating around that has a power meter but I dont know exactly how its CHANGED.

Most of it is just ripping sprites and making a txt with offsets and bboxes. getting sprites for basic moves and power moves look at the characters files on the bor editor and how there is a txt in each folder. Its not that hard. if I had the time I'd teach ya. But maybe some of the other modders can give you some examples. the way I first started was replacing sprites from original characters and editing thier txt. from there I grew to lvls. Give it a shot, you will find its not hard at all.

Its a very helpful forum. If you have a specific quection post it here And in a hour or so you will have an answer. and maybe some ideas how to progress
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha