Lookin' for a coder for a future project...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lookin' for a coder for a future project...

Post by goatdan »

Final post for a little while, I swear...

I have an idea for a game, and I really would like to work on it with someone for a little while to see if it could be taken somewhere. I don't want to get too into what it is and how it works, because I would like it to be a surprise for everyone if I can get it done.

Here is the deal -- I'm looking for an interested coder to help me bring the project to completion. The project, according to those who I have talked with about it, will not take that long to complete from a coding standpoint. There will be no graphics involved, just coding what I believe would be a relatively simple engine.

The engine could basically be described as Myst. I will be providing the graphics, and together we would work out the way that everything progresses. I have an artist who will help me create most of what is needed. I also believe that I will be able to provide all of the music and sound.

If anyone is interested, please contact me via PM or at loosen@goatstore.com. I am very serious about making this work, and if anyone is looking to help me in this matter that would be great.

Oh yes, after the game is released, I would like to strip out all of the data and release the engine online for free. Of course, the coder would get ALL credit for the engine, except for perhaps a mention of what it was created for ;)

If no one is interested, then no big worries there. I've got other fish to fry too. ;) Thanks!
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

After thinking about this more today, I'm going to be putting it on the shelf for a while. Sorry for the false alarm, but I want to run through a couple other things first and then maybe I'll try exploring this again in a month or three.
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Well, if you're looking for someone to do some atmospheric BGM anyway..now or later..pm me. I can send some examples.
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

Oh, I wanted to create a similar topic a few days ago as well. :)

As you can see on the Dreamcast-Scene website we have a so-called "Unannounced secret project" since half a year. Unfortunately all three main coders are currently very busy with their real jobs and right now nobody but the (professional) graphic artist is bringing the project forward (but he can't go on since we need the engine finished first).

If somebody likes to join this project, feel free to contact me whenever you want (PM or max [at] dreamcast-scene.com).