Post Xbox 360 launch experiences and early observations

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post Xbox 360 launch experiences and early observations

Post by abydos1000 »

While I am not getting one at launch, I would be interested in hearing early experiences and opinions about the 360 including how long did you wait in line? Were you able to get one? Did it work okay right out of the box or was it DOA? Favorite launch game? HD TV or regular?
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

I talked to most people in my grade and noone was goin to get a 360 :|
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

I waiting infront of a target with some friends for 10hrs. I was #22 out of 24 to get a premium pack. Worked fine out of the box, looks nice too... just a bit loud.

I picked up Perfect Dark Zero, Madden 06, and NBA 2K6. The GFX in Perfect Dark are nice.

I like my Xbox360 8-)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

People once again prove how stupid they can be:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Premium-2- ... dZViewItem
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I seriously didn't even know it was being released today.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Picked one up, well two rather. And sold the one on ebay for $800 :)..I waited 9 hours in the frigid new england weather. I picked up the VGA HV cables, Perfect Dark Zero, And NBA 2k6. Both games have insanely nice graphics. If you dont have a HDTV, id def reccomend getting a monitor and vga set up.. I have an HDTV, but I cant fit it where Im staying at now, so its at my sisters house.. Damn I need to get out of here...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Xylene wrote:I seriously didn't even know it was being released today.
Released last night at midnight....
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

Smiley wrote:
Xylene wrote:I seriously didn't even know it was being released today.
Released last night at midnight....
Which is today. Midnight is technically the beginning of Tuesday.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Whats with people buying sports games with a new console? Surely the whole point of buying a new console is to experience new, amazing, exclusive games? Not just slightly better graphics and an updated player roster...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I got mine at midnight. I'm so glad I preordered. After all my Blockbuster credit was figured, I ended up owing 15 cents.

Best Buy was crazy, and was pretty much enough people in line at 9pm to sell out the next morning. Circuit City only got 6 systems, so their line was really short. The craziest thing I heard, however, was from these two guys that showed up at Blockbuster holding tons of cash. Apparently, they were #23 in line at Wal-Mart, and some guy came up and offered them $1000 for their spot in line.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

royhubbs wrote:Picked one up, well two rather. And sold the one on ebay for $800 :)..I waited 9 hours in the frigid new england weather. I picked up the VGA HV cables, Perfect Dark Zero, And NBA 2k6. Both games have insanely nice graphics. If you dont have a HDTV, id def reccomend getting a monitor and vga set up.. I have an HDTV, but I cant fit it where Im staying at now, so its at my sisters house.. Damn I need to get out of here...
It wasn't that cold last night. Wait till January :wink:

I know one person thats getting a 360. Otherwise, everyone I know is waiting it out/content with their current stuff.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Lol, I should waited on the line and said I was selling my spot for even 100 bucks....
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Waited in line all night. Got the ticket. Now to find the $350 to pay for the damn thing.
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

BoneyCork wrote:Whats with people buying sports games with a new console? Surely the whole point of buying a new console is to experience new, amazing, exclusive games? Not just slightly better graphics and an updated player roster...
Why would you buy a new console and still buy sports games on older systems for the same price?
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

From what I have read, there are a lot of features missing in the 360 version of madden (though only ones if you are really into the sim aspects).
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Cyphix wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Whats with people buying sports games with a new console? Surely the whole point of buying a new console is to experience new, amazing, exclusive games? Not just slightly better graphics and an updated player roster...
Why would you buy a new console and still buy sports games on older systems for the same price?
You wouldnt. Thats why NBA 2K6 is $20 cheaper on the XBox and PS2, while Madden 06 is $10 cheaper. Also I think you are missing my point. I was trying to ask why you would spend so much money on a brand new console, and go out of your way to get it at launch, if the first games you're gonna get are already available on older consoles.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

I got mine, haven't played it though since I had to go directly to work from Best Buy, where I waited 10 and a half hours! I hadn't planned on doing that..I preordered mine from Game Crazy on September 3rd, and when I went to ask what time they would be putting them on sale last weekend, they told me they were only getting enough for the first 10 or so preorders and I was like the 23rd. Why they didn't call me weeks ago to tell me I wasn't getting mine on launch, I don't know, but I hate them.

I wasn't going to wait in line at Best Buy either, but one of my friends already was, so I figured I could join him since I had nothing better to do and I wasn't getting one from Game Crazy today. I was the 16th person in line, and got the premium system, not the stupid Core, which is cool. However, Best Buy forces you to buy the system in bundles, so I HAD to get 3 games (of my choice), an extra controller, charge and play kit, system stand (wtf? it stands by itself..), and an Xbox live kit......and my Live just renewed on the 9th. Came to like $779 total. More than I was planning on spending..but oh well. I still have my preorder at Game Crazy, and it might come in next week or the week after, so if prices are still crazy on ebay, I might get it and put it up there.

Since I haven't slept in about 30 hours and I am not off work yet, its hard to say when I'll actually get to play my 360...I might fall asleep when I get home :?
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

abydos1000 wrote:From what I have read, there are a lot of features missing in the 360 version of madden (though only ones if you are really into the sim aspects).
http://www.gameguru.com/gwj/madden06.wmv
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Actually BoneyCork, the next-gen consoles are extremely powerful, more so than anything we we currently have.

Example is Call of Duty 2. The first image is from the Xbox version, the 2nd image(s) are from the Xbox 360 version, the 2nd Xbox 360 screenshot is to show the detail of the in-game modles... as you can see, there are significant differences, especially graphics wise.

-

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
D-Roc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by D-Roc »

Some of the EBAY auctions I saw the bidding was going up over $1000 US! Man, those people are gonna regret spending that much after the holidays when you'll be able to find one anywhere. I'm still planning on holding out untill the 1st price drop.
Born to lose. Live to Win.