Need help with SBinducer

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
morpheus384
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need help with SBinducer

Post by morpheus384 »

Hi,

Ive been doing emulation for about 8 yrs now, but recently bought a dreamcast for emulation purposes. Ive been trying SBinducer and have managed to get emulators burned but have had problems inserting rom images before the 2nd burn session. After about 30 cds wasted, Im wondering if my system/burner are compatable. Im using Win ME-yes I know it sux! and philips CDrw. I had read that at times sbinducer just ceases to work so I deleted it from C/Programs and installed SBInducer 4. now I get through the 1st burn session but it refuses to generate the ISO. it seems to just lock up. Im using Nero 5.5 and dao mode.

Any Ideas?

THX in advance for any help given.
Just another dreancast fan!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I started burning DC stuff with Win ME iirc. And yes, u are correct, Win ME sucks! Get out Win95 again, even that would be better & more stable than this buggy hell of a operating system.
However, I don't exactly know what you are doing but I'm gonna give you a little guide to how it should be done:

1. You need to extract the SBIs with SBInducer v4, like you probably did correctly already. Don't forget to choose the menu type before extracting (MultiMenu/SingleMenu).
2. Then you need to switch to Explorer (or whatever it's called in WinMe) and manually add all the (unzipped) ROMs you want to be on there to the appropriate folders (look for the instructions that come with each SBI: just check your /Inducer/ subfolders for the txt files).
3. Switch back to SBInducer. Click on the DiscJuggler (standard format for DC software, use Alcohol120% or DiscJuggler to burn) or Nero symbol. Clicking on Nero will create a DiscJuggler image which will then automatically be converted to a Nero image.
Make sure you got three times the space on your HDD left as your /Inducer/ folder is big.
4. Burn with your Nero version in DAO mode. If it's a later 5.5x version, try the DAO/96 mode. Put in your DC and play.

Fingers crossed.

Oh, one another thing: Try some of the images we at http://www.DCEvolution.net precompiled for you to burn & play. If you don't want to try Alcohol120% or DiscJuggler, we also got CDI2Nero for you. It'll allow you to convert our images from .CDI format to Nero .NRG:
http://www.dcevolution.net/goto.php?id=17
Insane homebrew collector.
morpheus384
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by morpheus384 »

Thanx for the reply,

I'll try again, the directions seem to be the way I have been doing it thus far. fingers crossed.

I tried downloading images from that site but each time I got an "no ofsite downlaods allowed please download from"..... and the link brought me right back to the main page. after several loops in this way I figured I was missing something.:-)

Thanx again,
Just another dreancast fan!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

morpheus384 wrote:I tried downloading images from that site but each time I got an "no ofsite downlaods allowed please download from"..... and the link brought me right back to the main page. after several loops in this way I figured I was missing something.:-)
It's our anti-leeching script. We prolly might get rid of it soon.

However, to download right now just deactivate your software firewall (e.g. Norton Protection, etc). That should do. Have fun :wink:
Insane homebrew collector.
JohnnyB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JohnnyB »

Your Selboot Inducer folder should be C:\Sbinducr\, then move your SBI files to the Sbi folder, run Selboot Inducer, select the type of menu system you want, hit the barcode button, place your ROMs into the appropriate folders, go back to Selboot Inducer and burn.

Now you said you're running Windows ME so that might be causing problems if you're using the recording program built into Selboot Inducer, I know that in Windows XP you have to download ASPI drivers but it's fine in Windows 98SE, ME might have the same problem as XP though so it'll probably be easier to just creat a CDI file instead of using the built-in burning program. I burn my CDI files with Alcohol 120% in RAW DAO mode too.

I have a few emulators and the latest version of Selfboot Inducer on my site with custom themes and all that junk if you need it.

http://www.mts.net/~vivien/Dreamcast