xbox campers in richmond va

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

xbox campers in richmond va

Post by SuperMegatron »

What store you going to be at? I am camping at best buy in short pump that got 64 units 50 399 units 14 299 ones.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

None. I'm not buying at launch. I generally don't. Waiting all night in the cold to be the first to buy faulty hardware with a bare handful of shitty games is not my idea of a "good idea".

Side note though: Best Buy went around and wrangled up two premium from each store. The conventional wisdom is that these are for General Managers and other members of Best Buy top brass. As in free.
Pwnt?
I think so.
No signature.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

If you wanted one, why didn't preorder when you had the chance instead of waiting out in the freezing cold?
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

abydos1000 wrote:If you wanted one, why didn't preorder when you had the chance instead of waiting out in the freezing cold?
I go to school in elkins,wv there is a eb or gamestop around.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

SuperMegatron wrote:
abydos1000 wrote:If you wanted one, why didn't preorder when you had the chance instead of waiting out in the freezing cold?
that still doesn't answer the question.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Crazy Caboose wrote:
SuperMegatron wrote:
that still doesn't answer the question.
opps there "isnt" a eb or game stop around so I had no where to pre order.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

What time you guys think your going to head out?
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

JuddWack wrote:What time you guys think your going to head out?
Walmart is a lost cause so I am heading out at around midnight. If there is more then 50 people in the bestbuy line I will go to target or circuit city. My last choice is sears they should have about 3 in but since the mall is closed at night everyone will have a equal chance of getting them
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

I wouldnt even bother if you guys were smart. most policies are that pre-orders always get first dibs regardless of any "first-come-first-serve" policy. and with how many 360's these stores are getting, I wouldnt be at all suprised if the whole stock was reserved for just a fraction of the pre-orders.

I know when i went to the local gamestop on friday to pick up MKDS they were real busy on the phones because they had over 200 pre-orders and a very miniscule stock of 360's. large pre-orders+small stock=angry mother's because their spoiled brats arent getting a 360 RIGHT NOW. :roll:
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

My guess is as with the PS2, the people that paid their pre-orders in full get first priority, and even those may not be covered.

Not a game in that initial line up that has me even mildly interested.
AntiPro
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AntiPro »

Random gamestop in MoCo, MD to get mine. but I preordered so it's no bother.

well except the midnight weather is gonna be shit
Plastics.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

A lot of stores don't do pre-orders (most major retailers) so saying you are an idiot for not preordering is stupid. Considering that all of the major retailers will sell out within minutes as well as all of the preorders being taken really early, and even those with preorders likely not getting a console. It reasons to stand that the demand for the item far outstrips the supply.
No signature.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

You live in elkins, or richmond?

Anyway, I checked the store locator at gamestop.com and there is a gamestop 33 miles away in Clarksburg, WV. I would have gone to preorder at the gamestop 33 miles away rather than camp out in front of a best buy. 33 miles is like a 30-40 minute drive, hour and a half round trip. No cold, no camping, no problems. They probably would have taken your preorder over the phone as well.

To each his own I guess.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
AntiPro
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AntiPro »

i dont think theyd take it over the phone. We had to put a 50$ down payment on each 360 we preordered at gamestop.

you may have been able to do it online with a credit card though but I doubt it.
Plastics.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I think I'm going to head out around midnight. I may go to the bestbuy in deleware to save on tax but if I stay in my area there is a target and bestbuy right across the street from each other. Also it is only 5 minutes from my house so if I go out at midnight and nobody is there I can come back.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Im going to a 24 hour wal-mart monday night before midnight, then tuesday morning going to my local wal-mart before 7am, then best buy before 8am , and if they are out, there is a target and circuit city right near by. and then plan on seling them :)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

royhubbs wrote:Im going to a 24 hour wal-mart monday night before midnight, then tuesday morning going to my local wal-mart before 7am, then best buy before 8am , and if they are out, there is a target and circuit city right near by. and then plan on seling them :)
Then you are a sorry sack of shit.
No signature.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

arrowhead wrote:You live in elkins, or richmond?

Anyway, I checked the store locator at gamestop.com and there is a gamestop 33 miles away in Clarksburg, WV. I would have gone to preorder at the gamestop 33 miles away rather than camp out in front of a best buy. 33 miles is like a 30-40 minute drive, hour and a half round trip. No cold, no camping, no problems. They probably would have taken your preorder over the phone as well.

To each his own I guess.
When i am in school I live in elkins, but I am home in richmond for thanksgiving. The eb in clarksburg is a lot father then 40 minutes away. I takes me about 1 to 2 hours to get to the meadobrooke mall in bridgeport thats actually closer. The thing in elkins is the roads the kids who have lived there their hole lives can make it to clarksburg or morgantown in no time but I take the interstate from elkins to weston then from weston to clarksburg.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I can see Ebay now witht he $600 bids, etc.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

friends at work already 'acquired' 360s with the hdd almost a week ago. i was going to go over and check it out at one their houses, but all he had was kameo. i played cod2. impressive, but doesnt stack up to mouse and keyboard
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe