What xbox 360 games are you getting?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mariobro »

PGR3, baby!!!

That goddamn game has me all hyped-up. I like the :"just one more try...oh, is it 3:00 A.M. already?" quality of the series.

The other games don't appeal too much to me. So I guess I'll hold out for a bit.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

I'll probably end up getting PD0. Working at K-Mart means a 10% discount on everything so $40 off the system and $5 off the game, which basically equals the price of the game.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Bought Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo tonight. I got the Collector's Edition of Perfect Dark Zero, which came in a cool metal case and has an extra DVD that I might watch later tonight. It also had a 10 page comic book and some weird hologram card. I haven't decided if it was worth the extra $8 I paid for it or not. I suppose it depends on what's on this DVD.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I was just looking through a flyer that came in the paper today. They want $69.99 for each game, except for PGR3 and Kameo. wtf is this? Also, $500 for the package with the hard drive, and $399 for the 'core' system? This pisses me off royally :evil:
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Crazy Caboose wrote:I was just looking through a flyer that came in the paper today. They want $69.99 for each game, except for PGR3 and Kameo. wtf is this? Also, $500 for the package with the hard drive, and $399 for the 'core' system? This pisses me off royally :evil:
Yeah, the whole packaging with games is beyond stupid. They should be happy that I'm shelling out $400 alone. I don't need to shell out $500 for 2 games I don't even want.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

That's without any games. Just the Hard Drive, wireless controller, Console, Remote, and compnent HD cables. Games are 70 dollars a pop.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

sucks to be in canada eh?
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

There's the conversion rates from USD, but still, it makes me angry. I was thinking about getting one in the new year, but I don't think so, not until the price drops.
AntiPro
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AntiPro »

The bundles suck. I had a bundle for the original Xbox and it was cool cause I actually got to choose the titles I want but here they control what you get even when a game like Oblivion or DOA is pushed back they replace it without your permission.
Plastics.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Friend of mine picked up PD0, and Condemned. Both look quite interesting. It was neat reading the instructions and seeing which guns are either still in PD0, or are there in an ancestral form (The falcon, instead of the falcon 2 for instance). From the looks of it, melee (both hand to hand and a knife or two) will be quite useable, which I like a lot.

It sounds like it is similar in some ways to the original, but the controls look to be closer to Halo-esque than Time Splitters esque. Also worth mentioning is that they didn't add jump (though you can roll).
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

I'm waiting to see what nintendo and sony have to offer, i'll probrobly pick one up around the Halo 3 release....or the price drops...or both....
Feel it, Don't think
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

When I have money to blow I'll pick one up, but I don't. So maybe by the time the PS3 is out I'll get one.

Personally, if the revolution has good 3rd party support I'd rather pick that up.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Im pondering weather to pick one up or not.. If I could find one be4 Xmas :roll: I may pick it up. As I would have to pay 200 about, and my parents pay for the yest of the ststem. Kinda sucks though, if I did get it this week, I wouldnt have enough for games :lol: But I thin I could wait 2 weeks.. :o
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

BTW, for some reason, the PD0 collector's edition extra disc will only play in the 360, you just get a sort of error screen if you play it in a normal DVD player.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Lartrak wrote:BTW, for some reason, the PD0 collector's edition extra disc will only play in the 360, you just get a sort of error screen if you play it in a normal DVD player.
Does it being a DVD9 media disc have any effect?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

If I were to get a 360, I'd get PD0 -- it's the only thing out there that really interests me, and actually the only game I know for the xbox 360 that I want, and that is coming out (besides Halo 3 of course)

Oh I'd also buy one to use XBL again, as my Xbox is modded and I can't play on live :(

ANybody know if CounterStrike is supported for xbox 360? Sorry I'm too lazy to check the list, just checking if somebody knows off the top of their heads.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista