I hit a dog

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by FETUS »

Komid wrote:
Crazy Caboose wrote:
Komid wrote:
Crazy Caboose wrote:You kill their pet so the owners have to pay for the damage to your car? That must suck for whoever owned that dog.
The owner of the dog should be responsible for making sure his pet doesnt run around in the streets/roads. Not only is the owners negligence dangerous to the dog (obviously) but to the drivers using the roads who are at serious risk of getting into an accident when the driver tries too avoid hitting the animal.
I understand that part but still.

*knocks on door*

"Hello?"

"Yes, I ran over your pet the other day"

"Oh dear god..."

"Yeah, and I want you to pay for the damage it did to my car"

I don't know, it just seems like a lot to ask for, especially if they were really attached to their pet. Anyways, I'll stop now because I'm probably not making Toastman feel too good about himself (at least you tried man, at least you tried :( )
I can understand that. I cant say id feel too good about some guy knocking on my door saying they killed my dog sandy (not an original name but come on I was 9 when I got her) and demanded that I pay for the damage caused to his car. Id imagine id think him a...ooooh I dont know a dick maybe. :lol: All joking aside they're wasnt much toastman could do.
Remember you're dealing with adults here. Allthough since you drove off without worrying about informing the owners I don't think you can do much about it now without being a dick.
"Hey I ran over your dog the other day"
"WHAT"
"Yeah sorry I didn't tell you about it"
"Yeah you jackass"
"But yeah, I just found out I'm able to pass the bill for my car onto you so umm yeah. Here is an estimate, I'll send you the bill once the work is done, please make the check payable to ****"
/them grabs shotgun
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

|darc| wrote: You got it last year?
:rofl:
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I played chicken with a squirrel once, it lost.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

-Orbo- wrote:I played chicken with a squirrel once, it lost.
Haha, reminds me of that one commercial of were hte squirrll runs out to the street infront of a car, makes the car crash, runs to its friend, and pounds it. Gotta love that commercial.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Komid: It's easy to blame the owners if the dog runs off, but come on, you can't watch the thing forever, and the electric fenses are very expensive.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Komid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Komid »

atf487 wrote:Komid: It's easy to blame the owners if the dog runs off, but come on, you can't watch the thing forever, and the electric fenses are very expensive.
Is it too much to ask that the dog be fenced in a yard when not being supervised? (I am ofcourse reffering too standard fencing) That is infact the law in most towns that you keep your pets within the confines of your property when not properly leashed and accompanied by the said owner.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I can just imagine myself knocking on random doors at 11pm:

Me: "Did you own a dog?"
Person: "Yes, we own a dog."
Me: "Not anymore. Screwed up my car something awful."

Hell no. I stopped at a gas station, checked the damage. Made sure it wasn't too bad. Then drove home and called my insurance. They're coming tomorrow to check it out. The only good thing about this is that the Dodge dealership has a body shop near my house, so I can walk home after I drop off my car.
As far as I see it, the guy lost his dog. He doesn't need any more crap. And if he was an ass and would've started yelling and carrying on about me killing his dog for being on the road. Well, I don't have to deal with that.
The way I look at it, this is the best way for all parties involved.
No signature.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

In my experience car dealerships will let you use a loaner car pretty much any time you use their services. I've heard people say that they even talk them into letting them use loaner cars when they get their oil changed.

It doesn't bother the dealership either, since they will just bill it to marketing. The idea is that if you drive the car, you will want to buy it.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

atf487 wrote:Komid: It's easy to blame the owners if the dog runs off, but come on, you can't watch the thing forever, and the electric fenses are very expensive.
You're right, it is very easy to blame the responsible party. Like saying it's easy to bame me for writing this.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Is Smiley alright?
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I hit a dog a while back. I think I posted pictures here. My insurance took care of it...though...I still had to pay the $500 deductable. According to my insurance person, hitting an animal is considered an "act of god" and not something that anybody is actually liable for. Did you have a police report done? When I hit the dog, my girlfriend at the time, who worked for 911, told me you should always have a police report done if major damage is done to your vehicle while on a public road.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

!*? wrote:
You're right, it is very easy to blame the responsible party. Like saying it's easy to bame me for writing this.
Ugh, it'd be impossible for me to keep my dog from running out unless I spent an assload on electric fencing/forfeited the use of my driveway with standard fencing.

What I was getting at earlier was that it's an unfortunate situation for everyone involved, no use playing the blame game when someone's pet they were attached to was just violently killed. Yeah, it's not the drivers fault unless the driver goes out of his way, but I'm just saying show a little heart here.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Komid wrote:I remember my friend josh ran over a dog on our way back to his house. It got cought in the wheel well :twisted:

thump thump thump thump :lol:

Eventually the damn thing just broke up and most of the remains just tumbled out. Good times
Please kill yourself.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Eckostyle wrote:
Komid wrote:I remember my friend josh ran over a dog on our way back to his house. It got cought in the wheel well :twisted:

thump thump thump thump :lol:

Eventually the damn thing just broke up and most of the remains just tumbled out. Good times
Please kill yourself.
agreed.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"