XBox 360 Best Buy Demo

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCFan2004 »

JuddWack wrote:Any of you insiders know where I can get quick discount at BB? Maybe a 10% off coupon or something? It would be saving me over $50 by the time I walk out of that place.
My friend works at a BB and he said the employees don't get a discount on the system at all so you may be out of luck. As for the reward zone thing, my other friend had already pre ordered his 360 from gamestop so he passed his preorder to me. There really wasn't a great savings on any of the bundles but oh well. Your best bet may be Costco if that deal they are going to have ends up being true; Premium system, extra wireless controller, PGR3, and a play and charge kit for $480.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Some kid in my brothers band works at BB. He said the employees got 12% off coupons to give out to some people after they buy something. Is that true?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

JuddWack wrote:Some kid in my brothers band works at BB. He said the employees got 12% off coupons to give out to some people after they buy something. Is that true?
Unless his store is making up their own coupons and taking a huge loss, then your brother's friend is a liar. The console is sold at cost, so there's no way anyone will be getting a discount on it. If the store he works at has some kind of crazy deal on their own, then that's a single store's decision and not a corporate one.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I don't have much details but I know it is not a coupon designed specifically for XBox in anyway. It can be used for anything in the store.

Once this girl I knew got me a 40% off deal at Pacific Sunwear for a "Friends and Family weeked". I just figured it was something along those lines.

10% isn't a massive loss out of a stores total profit margin. Infact the extra business it would draw would probably make up for it.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

JuddWack wrote:I don't have much details but I know it is not a coupon designed specifically for XBox in anyway. It can be used for anything in the store.

Once this girl I knew got me a 40% off deal at Pacific Sunwear for a "Friends and Family weeked". I just figured it was something along those lines.

10% isn't a massive loss out of a stores total profit margin. Infact the extra business it would draw would probably make up for it.
12% was friends and family, but it specifically excludes game consoles.

12% of zero margin = loss of 12% of item price in margin.

Mel: Did your store pilot the all-rebates-are-instant thing? It seriously screws your numbers HARD.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I actually gave it a spin, some game with goblins or something... some critters that look like something from Warcraft. The real-time cinematics looked good, almost like pre-rendered stuff, but as everyone else said here, I wasn't that impressed with the game itself... the games still kinda look like they do on todays systems.

I understand that they are 1st gen titles... I mean yeah it looks good, but still... for that price it should look better. Besides it's an xbox and I won't be buying one. :P

I have yet to see any Revolution screenshots, or any PS3 actual footage or screenies to compare, however i'm sure all 3 systems are just about equal, just like todays current consoles are.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Well, my local Wal-Mart finally got a display. Frankly the most impressive thing was how easy the text was to read. I'm sure it was on an HDTV even though the guy working there insisted that it wasn't changed. COD2 was pretty lackluster. In the PGR3 video the amount of shine was impressive but when I saw the crowds and such it was clear that the models and animation weren't up to the same level. I think we're quickly approaching the "uncanny valley"...
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

ETR wrote:Mel: Did your store pilot the all-rebates-are-instant thing? It seriously screws your numbers HARD.
Never heard of it, so I'm guessing not.