DreamFrodo 0.94 Question??????

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
retroman9999
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamFrodo 0.94 Question??????

Post by retroman9999 »

I've been tinkering around with DreamFrodo 0.94 (the excellent Commodore 64 emu for Dreamcast) these past couple of days and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. Is there any way to edit the Frodo.prefs file to include Dreamcast key controller mapping. For example----to map the
Dreamcast controller Left trigger button to a key on the virtual C64 keyboard included with DreamFrodo 0.94. You can do it through the menu, but I want it to boot up with the key mapping aready there.
Thanks
Dutchdude
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dutchdude »

If I remember correctly the mappings will be saved on the VMU along with the other settings, I don't think you change the mappings in the prefs file. :wink:
retroman9999
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by retroman9999 »

Thanks for the input Dutchdude.....I tried saving the state but it didn't work. It saves the game, but not the controller mappings.