Gunstar Super Heroes......Disappointing.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gunstar Super Heroes......Disappointing.

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I bought Gunstar Super Heroes thinking it would be a sweet sequel, first off it doesn't feel much like a sequel at all, its more of a rehash of the original. I love the graphics and sound, I especially love the remix tunes of the original in there, but the games is horribly short and SHORTER THEN THE GENESIS previous game.

What really pisses me off other than no "two player mode" (way to go treasure!) is the throwing! One of the coolest aspects of the game is destroyed. not only that, your gun star has only three guns to chose from unlike the orginal where you could combine lots of weapons to makes something devestating to the enemy.

The story is the exact same and *SPOILER alert* the ending is almost like the genesis except you know what happens, Green dies and so does the "terrible Destructor". This game was in development for a long time according to a interview I read on IGN a little while back, like 4 years.

Bottom line this has to be one of the shortest,unsatisfying action game on GBA, the action isn't nearly intense as it is in the genesis version. I suggest buying this game when its cheaper it is in no way worth the $30 that I paid. Nice try on sega and treasure but they didn't make a game that could have been the best game on GBA IMO.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Want a game that is even worse, try Revenge of Shinobi for GBA.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Revenge of Shinobi on the GBA is very horrible game, I don't understand why they didn't make the Genesis port on the GBA, the Genesis one had a Great soundtrack,great gameplay and nifty old school ninja moves.

Gunstar super heroes really isn't a bad game.What would have made it better is "Different storyline but keep what happend to the original heroes intact" "All new and different stages", "Longer levels and more intense action" "harder bosses" and more stages the genesis has 7 stages and it takes longer to beat solo than super heroes, I beaten super in 3 hours (because black was the hardest boss IMO)

back on ROS that games sucked on GBA and Sega should be ashamed of that monstrocity. They are better then this, why can't they see that?
UndeadDC
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by UndeadDC »

Guardian Heroes Advance is even worse. Honestly though, I've never played a treasure game that I actually liked (except maybe Wario World for GC).
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

try playing e.t. for gba, and then see which is worse.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I've heard that sin and punishment by treasure for the n64 was just about the only game worth imporitng for the console.

heard wario world was decent as well.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Sin and Punishment is like Space Harrier to the max. Awesome game.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Dreamcast4life wrote:Revenge of Shinobi on the GBA is very horrible game, I don't understand why they didn't make the Genesis port on the GBA, the Genesis one had a Great soundtrack,great gameplay and nifty old school ninja moves.

Gunstar super heroes really isn't a bad game.What would have made it better is "Different storyline but keep what happend to the original heroes intact" "All new and different stages", "Longer levels and more intense action" "harder bosses" and more stages the genesis has 7 stages and it takes longer to beat solo than super heroes, I beaten super in 3 hours (because black was the hardest boss IMO)

back on ROS that games sucked on GBA and Sega should be ashamed of that monstrocity. They are better then this, why can't they see that?
I bought it for 3 dollars at an EB thinking "Sweet a port of the Gen game" Boy was I wrong. That game is prutred.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

UndeadDC wrote:Honestly though, I've never played a treasure game that I actually liked (except maybe Wario World for GC).
:o

...Ikaruga...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Some people just doesn't like shooters, no matter how good they might be.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
UndeadDC wrote:Honestly though, I've never played a treasure game that I actually liked (except maybe Wario World for GC).

...Ikaruga...
Or Yu Yu Hakusho for the Genesis. There's quite a few good Treasure games.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I loved Ikaruga I imported the DC version and I am amazed on how great the game is. I beat GSH with gunstar blue, all you get is a slightly different ending. I should have waited when it was cheaper,ah well but honestly GUNSTAR HEROES is a trip that I love to take over and over again!
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Bought it today. Not has hectic as the first one, but still pretty damn fun. This was pretty much the game I bought a GBASP for last month.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

I bought a GBA micro, but Didn't jabe enough left over for it, I only had enough to get a used Superstar Saga, but still a fantastic game. But friday I ill be picking this up, I loved it when i was younger.... and Yes I played genisis games for those who think im to young.. I also played NES when I had it.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I am just mad that Treasure was hyping this game up for me and I like what It sounded but it didn't deliver. the gba could have made this more intense then the genesis, I know they could have. I was playing the genesis one the other day and its so much better on the genesis. the way GSH came out kinda makes me wanna cry, it wasn't the sequel I was hoping it to be, at least green in it, he is my fav gunstar next to red.
UndeadDC
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by UndeadDC »

DaMadFiddler wrote:

...Ikaruga...
I'll take Gunbird 2 instead, or more recently Mushihimesama for ps2, awsomness.