Scientists get the Message: U.S. is a Godly nation

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toastman »

|darc| wrote:
Tasty toastman wrote:
BoneyCork wrote: You dont force people to be culturally receptive, you teach them to be. You may as well say Schools shouldnt teach Math because forcing somebody to be good with numbers isn't going to happen.
People will be much more open to other cultures if they actually know what they are about instead of just making arrogant assumptions.
Aditionally, I think it is the duty of public school's to teach people things like this, considering how religion is such an integral part of society.

Being mindful of other cultures comes through teaching, it isn't a built in personality trait that cant be changed.
Being respectful of other cultures and religions is something one is inclined towards or one isn't. I never had any "formal" religious education, yet I am more tolerant of other religions, cultures, and creeds than a good bit of people I do know. Why? I think it's because of a very unique conditions that came about as I was growing up. I learned to observe and empathize with other people. That and I was naturally curious about a lot of things. I had a friend in school who was Jehovah's Witness, and when I discovered certain things about him (that he didn't celebrate Christmas, etc.) instead of mocking him, I asked why.
Why does everyone treat Jehovah's Witness as an adjective? The guy was a Jehovah's Witness.
Who was Catholic, who was Muslim, who was Protestant. It's a religion, he belongs to it. Either way is perfectly acceptable. Now, if you want, you can continue your bad English lesson, or you can keep on topic.
No signature.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by -Azathoth- »

Savant wrote:Unless they were always present, unchanging, and will continue to be present for an infinite amount of universes. ie. God.

:roll:

wow.

look folks, we have the source of this entire arguement right here.

like darc said, i seriously hope that was sarcasm.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"