dreamcast models

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dreamcast models

Post by FETUS »

I got a good cd-rom for my attempt at a tray loader, the pieces for the tray to come in and out are seperate from the pieces to control the cdrom and they're placed nice and tight up front. The problem is that the way the gd-rom is formed it will be ver difficult to place inside it. the cd guts I took ot of it had two rubber stabalizers in front towards the spindle and one in back, unlike the dc wich has one in front and 2 in back, so it's basically reversed. Anyone know if there is a model of dreamcast with a different gd-rom setup that may be easier to adapt for this?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

yes, as i've said A MILLION TIMES =P the v2 Dreamcast had the gd rom board built into the motherboard, so it has a big empty space under the laser housing.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

Actually he was asking for a diffrent gdrom so that the rubber peices are diffrent, the v2 just minus's the daughterboard. and sorry there are no diffrent GDrom thingies. So basically your going to have to do some dremelwork.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

yay
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

:oops:

sorry. the only difference in those is that some have red rubber dealies, some have blue, and some have black =P.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

I'll try to mount it into the bracket for the original cd-rom with a lot of cutting and super glue. Need to pick up another dreamcast to do this all to anyways, I'll look for that model 2.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

If you wait a week or so i'm gonna start selling loads of DC parts. I have a box full of GDrom units that are bad (you could mod the casing/plastic then put the gear into it).
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

How bad are the gd-roms? Would I be able to mount the spindle and laser pieces and just have to use a good board for them to work?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

i dunno. i havn't tested them thoroughly or anything. It would take forever to test just each laser part =\. When i got them they were literally in a plastic publix bag.

I assume that every controller board is good (except the few whose lid switchs have broken off). I can't get to all that stuff now, but I'll be sorting through it relatively soon.

If you can find one for cheap, just get yourself another DC.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

I think I'll just look for a good model 2 dc to tear apart. Also somewhere someone mentioned a place to get ffc made for cheap, that may be something I need so if someone could provide a link that would be nice.