Who is Mike Jones?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

ace wrote:How do you determine what is "garbage", and what isn't?
Yeah, because you can't truly determine if it's garbage unless you play an instrument, are in a band, or can rap. Because otherwise, we don't care about your opinion and most likely it is wrong.
Very sexy hero, omg
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

ace wrote:I know how you feel, ETR. Only the music I listen to is worth listening as well.
Nice.
/WhtCastle
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

*sigh* If only this topic were shipped to Null where its humor would be appreciated rather than turned into another argument by scene-heads!
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I found the initial pics hilarious, but then the discussion turned elsewhere, so I thought I'd bring back something ace said a few weeks ago.

No hard feelings, just a nudge.
Very sexy hero, omg
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

People at school were telling me Mike Jones was like Rick James (BITCH!), but I dont know about that. Is there any truth to that? I haven't been listening to too much music or watching comedy central lately.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Dark Savant0 wrote:People at school were telling me Mike Jones was like Rick James (BITCH!), but I dont know about that. Is there any truth to that? I haven't been listening to too much music or watching comedy central lately.
no, rick james was an actuall artist who made hit songs and produced some as well, mike jokes is just an annoying rapper that takes advantage of the stupidity of today's urban (or wanna be urban) youth, seeing that he says his names like 600 times on EACH SONG, OF EACH TRACK, on his album because hes too much of an idiot to come up with real lyrics

the only good rap is old school rap and r&B,which had a real message behind it and it wasnt about hitting the girl with the fattest ass like most of artist talk about these days
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

i heard there were people who existed once who listened to more than one type of music. i don't know how true it is, sounded like one of those weird rumours that go around.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

souLLy wrote:i heard there were people who existed once who listened to more than one type of music
Hey, I listen to more than one type of music:

classic rock
modern rock
alternative rock
punk rock
progressive rock
neoclassical rock
symphonic rock

"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'll listen to anything BUT rap. Hell, if a country song comes on the radio, I'll listen to it (not saying I'd buy a CD or anything, but country music brings back a lot of memories of being with Dad when I was like 10). If there were more rappers out there that expressed their true feelings while writing lyrics other people can relate to (2pac, Gang Starr, early Eminem) I'd probably be a rap fan as well. I just hate all this Snoop Dogg, Mike Jones, Paul Wall crap.

"Who's in da house? Snoop is in da house. Drop it like it's hot, yo. I love dem big booties and shit, yo. I'm smokin a blunt while I write this because I'm just that cool. I'm sippin some juice as well. Buy my albums because I like to party, and partying is cool. I'll be back later, I got 5 big booty white bitches waiting in bed for me."

2Pac (with the exception of some songs) wrote about things people could relate to. I hated rap music until my sister bought 2Pac's Greatest Hits, and once I realized that not all rap is about weed, alcohol, and bitches, I thought the genre would grow on me. I remember my sister loved his song "Keep Your Head Up" because she could relate to it. Her boyfriend was there to help make the baby, but once he found out she was pregnant, he ran off and left her to take care of the baby by herself. You don't see many rappers these days writing songs like that anymore, or at least that's not what's on the radio. I'm not a big enough fan of the genre to look into the underground rap scene, though.
VB_User
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by VB_User »

There are rappers that still sing about something. You have to understand that the music thats put out on the radio is made for everyone to like. There all pop sounding club tracks that people from 6 to 20 will love. You have to remember these guys are out there trying to make money so thats why they release these candy coated singles, it sells their albums. You also have to understand that people are the product of their enviroment. 90 percent of rappers know nothing but selling drugs, doing drugs, drinking, and trying to get girls. Their entire life this is what theyve known and grown up seeing. Its a lot like how old men who were in the army just never can seem to stop talking about it or forget the war. I know my grandpa relates everything in life to the war and when he was a kid and hes 74 ,it all happend years ago. The bottom line is these guys are talking about what they know for the most part. If you want some rap with a message listen to some nas or some wu-tang, or even the kanye west album is really good.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Back on topic:

Mike Jones looks like a ninja turtle. He has a weird face. The end.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

VB_User wrote:You also have to understand that people are the product of their enviroment. 90 percent of rappers know nothing but selling drugs, doing drugs, drinking, and trying to get girls. Their entire life this is what theyve known and grown up seeing.
Pure BS.

Go and read up on James Browns life, then listen to the music he wrote.

Born in poverty - and real poverty of the deep south in the post-depression 1940s, not the 'I can't afford a new pair of sneaks' faux poverty of today, convicted and served time for armed robbery, single after single after single that failed to sell, and through sheer graft achieved his position of 'godfather of soul' and has been there ever since.

And from a background like that, his single most enduring song?
I feel good.

Rappers like to claim theyre telling 'the truth of the streets' or whatever, but they're not, they're perpetuating a myth / stereotype because it helps them sell records.

There isn't a single genre of music which hasn't created a genuine artist, and one whose appeal is more widespread than just the genre they have chosen to work in.
Rappers namechecking themselves, talking about 'the ghetto' and all their pimping their bitches are, frankly, just lazily reinforcing prejudice.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

not just souLLy now wrote:i heard there were people who existed once who listened to more than one type of music. i don't know how true it is, sounded like one of those weird rumours that go around.
What an absolutely ridiculous statement.

:o
Very sexy hero, omg
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
VB_User wrote:You also have to understand that people are the product of their enviroment. 90 percent of rappers know nothing but selling drugs, doing drugs, drinking, and trying to get girls. Their entire life this is what theyve known and grown up seeing.
Pure BS.

Born in poverty - and real poverty of the deep south in the post-depression 1940s, not the 'I can't afford a new pair of sneaks' faux poverty of today, convicted and served time for armed robbery, single after single after single that failed to sell, and through sheer graft achieved his position of 'godfather of soul' and has been there ever since.

I feel good.

Rappers like to claim theyre telling 'the truth of the streets' or whatever, but they're not, they're perpetuating a myth / stereotype because it helps them sell records.

There isn't a single genre of music which hasn't created a genuine artist, and one whose appeal is more widespread than just the genre they have chosen to work in.
Rappers namechecking themselves, talking about 'the ghetto' and all their pimping their bitches are, frankly, just lazily reinforcing prejudice.
well said.

+10
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

not just souLLy now wrote:i heard there were people who existed once who listened to more than one type of music. i don't know how true it is, sounded like one of those weird rumours that go around.
like from Nina Simone, to The Pipes and Drums The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, to the Prodigy, to Queen, to Johnny Cash, to the Clash, to Dr. Dre, to T.Rex in the space of an afternoon. :dontknow: (did this today)

PS. yes Mike Jones (whoever he is) looks like a 'hero' turtle.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Pure BS.

I feel good.

Well what do you expect? It sells. The record execs and white suburban kids are the real ones to blame. People like 50 cent, The Game and G-Unit, while horrible at rapping, are just trying to make some money. You can't really blame them for that. While I really dislike 2pac and all the dickriders who claim hes the greatest, he did once said that 2pac the rapper isn't 2pac at home. When hes not "working," he's a different person. It's all an act - an image.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Tall Israeli wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Pure BS.

I feel good.

Well what do you expect? It sells. The record execs and white suburban kids are the real ones to blame. People like 50 cent, The Game and G-Unit, while horrible at rapping, are just trying to make some money. You can't really blame them for that. While I really dislike 2pac and all the dickriders who claim hes the greatest, he did once said that 2pac the rapper isn't 2pac at home. When hes not "working," he's a different person. It's all an act - an image.
i heard some black people listen to 50 cent too.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

not just souLLy now wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Pure BS.

I feel good.

Yeah but black people don't know anything. :wink:
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Tall Israeli wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Pure BS.

I feel good.

I don't? :(
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

ASCIIN wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Pure BS.

I feel good.

I don't? :(
It seems like you don't know what a joke is. :wink: