PSO players apply here :)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Smurph »

kingbuzzo wrote:or you could always avoid those buggy hacker swarming servers and join the rest of us on the Official DC pso servers that sega still runs for us to play on.
PAL V2 is very difficult to find.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

yep. and im running the pc version till i can get the damn pc-dc link working
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

or you could always avoid those buggy hacker swarming servers and join the rest of us on the Official DC pso servers that sega still runs for us to play on.

And go back to dial up? Never!

Techlancer, lvl 10o-something RaCast. Usually play in the blooddumpster games. Probably gonna come back to PSO PC, I don't play BB enough for it to be worth 9.00 a month. That and I miss being a lvl 100+ character. Wish I could port him to BB.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

Smurph wrote:
kingbuzzo wrote:or you could always avoid those buggy hacker swarming servers and join the rest of us on the Official DC pso servers that sega still runs for us to play on.
PAL V2 is very difficult to find.

Pal V2 is very easy to find. I bought it off ebay shipped for 17cad within a couple minutes. There's plenty of copies of Ver 1 as well but sega is being iffy on sending snaks for it.

there's currently 2 people selling PSo ver2 EU at Online Consoles.com

I still don't see why dcemu is allowing any talk of these servers. It sure doesn't seem very legal, or morally right.

we complain all the time about how we miss sega support for DC, then we go ahead and show people how they can totally snub the little support we get. I'll admit to playing on these servers for some time till I bought psoEU. It's quite an awesome breakthrough, but if you look at the big picture, it only seems harmful to have this being glorified at a place like DCEMU. There's plenty of other sites where people can go on about their pso cheating and hacking.

that's how I've come to see this anyway, what do you guys think?
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

the servers arnt the things that are cheating its the people who are a$$holes and hack the hell out of everything....well I havnt played yet but thats the idea i get, and anyways im very sure its all legal. else sega would shut it down.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

or you could always avoid those buggy hacker swarming servers and join the rest of us on the Official DC pso servers that sega still runs for us to play on.
Bad idea. Sonic team's servers dont have the NOL, Anti FSOD, and serverside saving that Schthacks server has.

also there seems to be some bad news as far as it goes with EU PSO. Sonic team has stoped handing out serial numbers for EU v1 PSO. Here is a reply from to a request for one.
Hi *****

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

We don't have any codes for PSO version 1 available anymore, and unfortunately
none are going to be re-printed in the future.

Best regards,
and another
Hi ******

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

Unfortunately we don't have any PSO version 1 codes available anymore, and no
more will be produced in the future. All support for the DC has ceased for a few
years now, there isn't much we can do.

Best regards,
It could just be an employ who is not currently up to date with things. but if the servers go down in the next year it would be a sad thing indeed. Espically since that means that the HL check server would go with it i think. without that no one will ever be able to get on DC PSO(even the homebrew servers) without having USv1,JPv1,EUv1 or EUv2 since none of thsoe have a HL check. :cry:
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Oke, one simple question:

If i'd buy secondhand PSO or PSO v2; I can get online if Sega resets the password right? And 2nd question; if I use a Japanse BBA here in Europe, will it work with the PAL PSO v2?

Because i can obtain a JAP broadband adapter and a sealed copy of PSO v2 but i have to make sure it works before i pay out all that cash :)
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Gameholic wrote:And 2nd question; if I use a Japanse BBA here in Europe, will it work with the PAL PSO v2?
Yes.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

you'd have to convince Sega Japan that you're japanese when you email asking for a SNAK. On top of that, there's still fees for pso jp
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

well, i talked to a few people over at the schthack forums and they basically told me to start fresh to get rid of this hack on my character. im reinstalling pso now and will be starting at lvl 1 again.
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

So with a JAP BBA and a PAL copy of PSO v2 I should be fine for playing online with my DC?
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Gameholic wrote:So with a Japanese BBA and a PAL copy of PSO v2 I should be fine for playing online with my DC?
That's what I have and it works great.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Im gonna go play PSO right now, if anyone wants to join in. Ill be on the legit ship. See page 1 for my character details.
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Today I've bought a sealed copy of PSO v2 (PAL) in my local gameshop and i'm waiting for my BBA... but maybe i will go online just with the phoneline...
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

Gameholic i doubt you will be able to or do you have a phone isp also? Because none of the free ones work and i dont find using them all that safe.
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

K.. thanks.. Well i don't have a phone isp only broadband. But i wanted to try it at my parents place and then find a free dial up isp.

Anyway i've just contacted the guy from my BBA and it should arrive on saturday or else on monday/tuesday. So with some tweaking and configuring i'll be up and running next week! :P
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

Anyway i've just contacted the guy from my BBA and it should arrive on saturda
AWWWW im so jealous!!! :cry: well thats what i get for being cheap :cry:
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Hashmire420 wrote:

Anyway i've just contacted the guy from my BBA and it should arrive on saturda
AWWWW im so jealous!!! :cry: well thats what i get for being cheap :cry:
lol.. Well i'm also really excited you know. Although a paid a fair amount of money for it. Lets hope the seller is trustworthy :? But i think he is...

And secondly, it's a pity i've arranged a BBA now in late 2005... how long will the EU PSO servers be online? I hope for a year at least! :evil:
Last edited by Gameholic on Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Gameholic wrote:And secondly, it's a pity i've arranged a BBA now in late 2005... how long will the EU PSO servers be online? I hope for a year at least! :evil:
You'll probably want to play on the homebrew server anyway, because there are more players there.
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

K... so there are enough homebrew servers with enough people? Can't wait to play!