Need help with nester DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
mingringfingding
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need help with nester DC

Post by mingringfingding »

I have tried to burn a copy of nester dc about 3 times now. none of them will boot up. I use nero to do this. It says that they are self bootable, but i could be reading it wrong. Do i need to make a boot disk to make sure nester boots up? What am i doing wrong with it.....any help would be appreciated.....thanks.........
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Are you using a Nero IMAGE file? And are you UK or America?
mingringfingding
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

yes i downloaded the nero image and i have an american dreamcast.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Well, the advice here is to make sure you have the latest Nero, and to make sure to get the NTSC version ;)
mingringfingding
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

one more question... what is the NTSC version?
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

NTSC is a type of TV that America uses, which is why you should use that version ;)
pitchit22
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

nesterdc

Post by pitchit22 »

i have also been having problems running nesterdc. I have tried to burn both NERo and disc juggler NTSC images and i have the newest versions of NERO and DISCJUGGLER , but nothing loads when i put it in my dreamcast. Do i just burn nesterdc ITSELF on a cd, then put it in my dreamcst and press power, should it just start right up, then put ROMS on a seperate cd? sorry for all these questions but i am anxious to start playing NES games on the dreamcast so if you can help i'd apppreciate it.
phoneks1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by phoneks1 »

when did you get your dreamcast couse if you got it after january of 2001 then it wont work, couse newer dreamcast dont read cd's they only read gd's
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oakfan »

Do you have a Gameshark Memory card pluged in? because when I had my GS pluged in my emulators wouldn't boot up.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

phoneks1, that's been proven repeatedly not to be true. Some DC's made after 10/2000 can't boot MIL-CD's but they're limited to "Sakura Wars" and "Hello Kitty" models in Asia. Bleem uses a MIL-CD and it's been able to boot on all DC's except for those runs.

mingringfingding, it may be that Nero doesn't like your burner or (more likely) that your burner can't do multiple sessions (not all burners can). How old/fast is your burner? Also, try Nero images for other emulators or try the DiscJuggler image. If all else fails you're SOL.

Schnapple