New Orleans Mayor: "Thousands Likely Dead"

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hawq »

IiLuSiv wrote:
Hawq wrote:Yes & theyre being saved a week after the hurricane hit, where are the white folks waiting to be saved? oh right most have been already
They left themselves, that has nothing to do with the federal government. I suppose if the UK got hit by hurricane, and you left on a plane on your own dollar, and all the Pakis were left behind then the governmetn played favorites in having all the whites leave first? They prepared their own evacuation arrangements, paid for it themselves, it had nothing to do with the government.
|darc| wrote:They left already. The white people of New Orleans are rich and can support their own means of transport out, while the black people tend to be the poorer and were left behind.
The hundreds that were stranded in the superdome didnt leave on their own & oh look, they got saved first. It really is about not caring about the poor black folk, they claim they couldnt get to some areas & thast why some are still left, what with your boats & helicopters you couldnt get to them in a flooded city? yeah right, pull the other one its got bells on & if anyone says 'but I havent seen policy on this/they havent said it' well they wouldnt admit it would they? thatd wreck the 3 photo op trips bush has done to the area.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

It is about skin color. That's why Bush won't stop there. George Bush does not care about black people and George Bush is scared of black people.

If poor white people were left behind, they'd be rescued the first day. If rich black people were left behind, they'd release the hounds.
No, its about "racism leaders" looking for a reason to stir up crap, like always.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:
It is about skin color. That's why Bush won't stop there. George Bush does not care about black people and George Bush is scared of black people.

If poor white people were left behind, they'd be rescued the first day. If rich black people were left behind, they'd release the hounds.
No, its about "racism leaders" looking for a reason to stir up crap, like always.
Nope, it's about skin color. If it was about poverty, then the US government would have no problem saving those people. By boat or plane, they would have been saved. But it's about skin color, so it takes a while. You think Iraqi's are rich? Why save those poor people, but not these? Things that make ya go "hmmm?"

On another note, If da homie Pac was here, this wouldn?t be a crisis at all. Tupac would of donated money, his time, he would of already released 6 songs about the hurricane, he would of urged other rappers to help out, just revolutionary shyt. Then he would visit New Orleans, pac would be drivin a boat through the N.O. uniting the peoples & saving the babies. He woulda had two babies in each arm while makin the white po po?s walk the plank.
Last edited by TreyDay on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Sorry, I don't feel like finding the originals on there respective web sites. I saw this on Politacally Incorect with Bill Mare.
Pale Rider
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Pale Rider »

the ball was dropped by a sad sack of "politikin" clowns from new orleans all the way to washington d.c. ....i mean when you got a super dome full of human fecies,waste,etc because no one has running water,utilities,etc..you KNOW someone just didnt give a damn what happened to those people.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

The problem was at the state level. First the local government needed to try to get people to leave if they needed transportation the state government should have gotten involved. Fema the organization that handles this stuff has a 96 hour post incident respond time before that time the local governments are supposed to pick up the ball. Look at Mississippi they got there crap together quick so did Alabama. The Mayor of New orleans didnt do anything after the flood. He let the police walk off the job, he didnt have a plan to get people out, and he had no command structure set up.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

How exactly do you prevent the police from walking off of the job?
It's thinking...
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

|darc| wrote:How exactly do you prevent the police from walking off of the job?
Question their sexuality. Same way you get anybody to do anything.
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

I am fairly certain it may be a combination of all these factors.

There may be truth to the fact if it were white people, the government of Louisiana and the United States would have had a more stable hold on the situation.

Whether that is because white people would have more organization in their efforts out, or it is because the government would care more, is up for debate.

It definetely has to do with poverty mostly, and noone can deny that, if the people left behind weren't poor many of them government subsidized and barely making it. If they would have been economically empowered they could have more aptly got themselves out.

The Government's lack of reaction on the state level has to do with first off, Louisiana is a shit poor broke state wrought with corroption and bereft of industry. This is on all levels and appears rather endemic as we see the Mayor didn't executed any solid, preevacuation preparations, he let the buses he now needs be submerged and the state government figuring New Orleans would sufficiently take care of itself as they were not prepared either nor organized.

We can see that the rest of South was more able to help itself and had this disaster happened in Texas or Missippi, I think the story would be quite different, not to say they are so much more advanced than Louisiana, but definetely far less corrupt and disorganized. I mean we are talking about a city where the local Government serves visitors more than its own people and several townships in Louisana, JUST got phone service only months ago, we are talking the 21st century and JUST GOT PHONES. That puts things into perspective a bit.

In relation to, things that make you go 'hmm?' How much of this bedlam do you think has to do with insurance companies and the Iraq war?
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

|darc| wrote:How exactly do you prevent the police from walking off of the job?
Pay them for the extra time they are putting in instead of making them work for nothing.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

IiLuSiv wrote:In relation to, things that make you go 'hmm?' How much of this bedlam do you think has to do with insurance companies and the Iraq war?
Well the money that was to be spent on sea defenses etc.. for the NO area was diverted into Bush's war fund so theres something to do with it, ironically the troops that finally got to NO about a week late would probably be safer in Iraq as its probably less like a mad max film or something. A strange thing to note as well from the news last night when a truck driver taking a truckfull of water in was interviewed, he had loaded the truck up on monday but his boss's kept him away for a few days, wonder if his boss's are in the Klan?

Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Well the money that was to be spent on sea defenses etc.. for the NO area was diverted into Bush's war fund
There is no "war fund". That's why Congress raised the debt ceiling yet again.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

Pay them for the extra time they are putting in instead of making them work for nothing.
You don't understand the situation.

Many of those police had lost their families, or didn't know where they were, had no homes themselves and were expected to singlehandedly make the disaster right by every citizen they saw as they were always the most visible arm of Government on the scene.
\

It just wasnt worth it to them. Many couldn't take it, especially once it started getting really dangerous.
A strange thing to note as well from the news last night when a truck driver taking a truckfull of water in was interviewed, he had loaded the truck up on monday but his boss's kept him away for a few days, wonder if his boss's are in the Klan?
There you go with the Klan again...the Klan is basically DEAD, they are a joke in this country, they don't have political say, while we do have MANY racists, their organizations are not the KLAN.

First off it has such a negative all pervasive connotation that even people from England know about it :lol: and associate dumb hickdom from the USA as Klan members.

It has no credibility, there are more subtle yet more influential racist groups in this country to worry about. The last time the Klan did anything was in the 70s they sank some Vietnamese fisherman's boat and ended up running away with their tails between their leagues from the federal government.

The Klan is as washed up and respected as Tony Danza, look into Christian Identity or White Aryan Resistance, or Nazi Seals or something along those lines for the real racist problems in America today. Most racist groups in America today, are aligned with a fundamentalist form of Christianity, believe the government is wholle occupied by Zionists, do not like any minorities and actually seem to target many others aside from blacks, but mostly they have their trouble with the 'tyrannical' federal government, trying to rule their lives, and tell them what sisters they can sleep with and which one's they can't, how many machine guns they can own and what-not. That's their real problem, the Oklahoma City bombing came from that kind of madness. The Klan is a joke and their views don't even fit what modern day racists believe in.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Well the money that was to be spent on sea defenses etc.. for the NO area was diverted into Bush's war fund
There is no "war fund". That's why Congress raised the debt ceiling yet again.
Riiiight & they were rushing to save the black folk first & water is dry
IiLuSiv wrote:
A strange thing to note as well from the news last night when a truck driver taking a truckfull of water in was interviewed, he had loaded the truck up on monday but his boss's kept him away for a few days, wonder if his boss's are in the Klan?
There you go with the Klan again...the Klan is basically DEAD, they are a joke in this country, they don't have political say, while we do have MANY racists, their organizations are not the KLAN.
& using the most recognised group to point out that theres something a little sinister about the withholding of life saving materials is a problem? they are the most well recognised group in america so serve as the perfect example when talking of such things

The Alchemist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by The Alchemist »

What a crappy week. Anyway...

The klan may be joke to most people, but they're still active and still a revolting organisation. To be honest though, Project for the New American Century are far more worrying, and infinitely more pervasive. Extremely disturbing colonialist "world-ruler" political stance with overtones of white supremacy, neo-con ethics and morals, and members including Rumsfeld, Cheney, the rest of the Bush cabinet and his brother, and various media entities...

Enough about that though. Condolences to anyone affected by this tragedy. Would it be rude to suggest a change in government?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

The Alchemist wrote:Would it be rude to suggest a change in government?
Yes. You get your chance to change the government every 4 years. Don't like it? Tough crap. You can go live in Cuba or something. Then you'll appreciate what you have...
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

The klan may be joke to most people, but they're still active and still a revolting organisation. To be honest though, Project for the New American Century are far more worrying, and infinitely more pervasive. Extremely disturbing colonialist "world-ruler" political stance with overtones of white supremacy, neo-con ethics and morals, and members including Rumsfeld, Cheney, the rest of the Bush cabinet and his brother, and various media entities...
Strange, in my time interning for the Southern Poverty Law Center I never heard of Project for the New American Century. I'll have to do some research on this.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I love seeing people from all over talk as if they know anything about our city.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

Jeeba wrote:I love seeing people from all over talk as if they know anything about our city.
I doubt people in their own cities, including yours know that much about them at all. Hence the huge voter turn outs for local elections. :roll:
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Jeeba wrote:I love seeing people from all over talk as if they know anything about our city.
I know Weezy f Baby and B Gizzle is from uptown New Orleans. Holly Grove, Caliope, Melphamine, VL, Saratoga. It's all uptown. or should I say was?

I love seeing darc say that uptown is the rich white part, like he actually lives in New Orleans. :P
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"