New Orleans Mayor: "Thousands Likely Dead"

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by IiLuSiv »

Man to the rest of the world, we must look like the Wild West! :o
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
Chile
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chile »

With all these massive airlifts in the past few days, the people evacuated are mostly likely going to stay werever they were sent. Wether it Baton Rouge, Phoenix, or Houston, there are going to black populations where they were practically non-existant. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rascist, blacks are just like anyone else :P ) People will have to adapt is all. (Ecspecially the rednecks down here)
Hidalgo County where I live in Texas, has only around 3,000 black people in a county with 650,000+ people. We are going to get a couple thousand at least. And this is just ONE county in one STATE. Imagine the effexts it will have in other locations. This hurricane is destroying New Orleans, a very unique area. Not only is it a hotspot of blues/jazz, but all the Cajuns in the country are being sprinkled. This is just too much in one dose. What the hell has happened to our country?
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

mikozero wrote:they have asked now,
NATO and the EU offered help a while ago (a kinda open ended 'just tell us what you want' offer) they've now got back to them, at least that's whats reported on the news here tonight.
Took em long enough though didnt it? & they claim that there was racial thing about the resuces etc.. funny how it was manily white folk being rescued first aint it? (but thats anotehr matter entirely of course) As for them all being moved arouind the south to safety eventually the Klans gonna think its christmas & their birthdays all in one
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

Hawq wrote:
mikozero wrote:they have asked now,
NATO and the EU offered help a while ago (a kinda open ended 'just tell us what you want' offer) they've now got back to them, at least that's whats reported on the news here tonight.
Took em long enough though didnt it? & they claim that there was racial thing about the resuces etc.. funny how it was manily white folk being rescued first aint it? (but thats anotehr matter entirely of course) As for them all being moved arouind the south to safety eventually the Klans gonna think its christmas & their birthdays all in one
Show me sources of the government aiding blacks over whites.

Because I seriously doubt it. The only reason why that might be true, is because predemoninately black regions have armed thugs walking around shooting people, however, I still don't believe it.
Last edited by IiLuSiv on Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

The news pictures showed a hell of a lot more white folk being saved, most that are left now are black folk, just watch the news

IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

Hawq wrote:The news pictures showed a hell of a lot more white folk being saved, most that are left now are black folk, just watch the news
Ya you're full of crap.

The white folk saved themselves left town, almost all the people they are trying to aid now are black as they are the majority of people left behind in New Orleans.

I have no idea what you are talking about 'saved', as when I look on the news I see buses being loaded with blacks and pulled off to safety. Give me sources, not speculation from 'Well most people I saw on TV.' :roll:
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Yes & theyre being saved a week after the hurricane hit, where are the white folks waiting to be saved? oh right most have been already

IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

Hawq wrote:Yes & theyre being saved a week after the hurricane hit, where are the white folks waiting to be saved? oh right most have been already
They left themselves, that has nothing to do with the federal government. I suppose if the UK got hit by hurricane, and you left on a plane on your own dollar, and all the Pakis were left behind then the governmetn played favorites in having all the whites leave first? They prepared their own evacuation arrangements, paid for it themselves, it had nothing to do with the government.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Hawq wrote:Yes & theyre being saved a week after the hurricane hit, where are the white folks waiting to be saved? oh right most have been already
They left already. The white people of New Orleans are rich and can support their own means of transport out, while the black people tend to be the poorer and were left behind.
It's thinking...
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

|darc| wrote:There are two sides of New Orleans, the beautiful uptown areas dominated by rich white people, and the ghettos filled with poor black people.
Weezy f Baby said that he's from uptown. He's from Holly Grove 17. Was that a rich white part of New Orleans? B. Gizzle said he's uptown too. He's from VL. Rich white part too?
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

TreyDay wrote:
|darc| wrote:There are two sides of New Orleans, the beautiful uptown areas dominated by rich white people, and the ghettos filled with poor black people.
Weezy f Baby said that he's from uptown. He's from Holly Grove 17. Was that a rich white part of New Orleans? B. Gizzle said he's uptown too. He's from VL. Rich white part too?
There are quite a few rich black people, and quite a few poor white people.

That's how it always is, but most of the rich and the poor are made of various ethnic compositions.

The rich being the white Southern Aristocracy AngloSaxons, some French descended, people from the North, people of Jewish descent, professional foriegners (indians, pakistanis, asians), wealthy black professionals and artists etc.

The poor being whites descended mostly from poor dirt farmers, blacks, lots of immigrants, illegal ones well many of them hispanic and it goes on and on.

Although there are many exceptoins, the colors of rich and poor aren't so gray and more black and white.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

IiLuSiv wrote:
TreyDay wrote:
There are quite a few rich black people, and quite a few poor white people.

That's how it always is, but most of the rich and the poor are made of various ethnic compositions.

The rich being the white Southern Aristocracy AngloSaxons, some French descended, people from the North, people of Jewish descent, professional foriegners (indians, pakistanis, asians), wealthy black professionals and artists etc.

The poor being whites descended mostly from poor dirt farmers, blacks, lots of immigrants, illegal ones well many of them hispanic and it goes on and on.

Although there are many exceptoins, the colors of rich and poor aren't so gray and more black and white.
Uptown is where they say they're from, not where they moved to once they got rich. and I think most of them move to Atlanta anyway.
-Mike Jones

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I don't like how the media is making it about skin color, when its really about poverty.

Treyday. :o
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:I don't like how the media is making it about skin color, when its really about poverty.

it's about both
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:I don't like how the media is making it about skin color, when its really about poverty.
Exactly. And if you look at the race and wealth statistics it supports that statement.
It's thinking...
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

It is about skin color. That's why Bush won't stop there. George Bush does not care about black people and George Bush is scared of black people.

If poor white people were left behind, they'd be rescued the first day. If rich black people were left behind, they'd release the hounds.
-Mike Jones

Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

TreyDay wrote:

It is about skin color. That's why Bush won't stop there. George Bush does not care about black people and George Bush is scared of black people.

If poor white people were left behind, they'd be rescued the first day. If rich black people were left behind, they'd release the hounds.
You're right. You notice how it's only white people saying it's about poverty? How can white people possibly understand what it's like to be black? I'm ashamed of my race.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

TreyDay wrote:

He did stop there. :lol:
It's thinking...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Don't know if he was serious or not, but Arnold was telling Stern that he's gonna fly over New Orleans in a plane while weeping and throwing people copies of his old movies. :lol:
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

|darc| wrote:
TreyDay wrote:

He did stop there. :lol:
Yeah, I took the rest out cuz I didn't think many would understand who Pac was.
-Mike Jones