Problems with the Action Replay CDX Demo over at DCHelp

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Problems with the Action Replay CDX Demo over at DCHelp

Post by evanft »

Over at DCHelp, they provide the image of the Action Replay CDX Demo. It is intended to be used to play imports and obviously as a cheat device. I can't get it to work, though. Sure, the system boots to the AR menu, but turning on codes or trying to play an import doesn't work. Any idea of what's going on? Anybody else have this problem?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

What country are you from?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

I'd say get the Exploder demo. Works for me.
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

az_bont wrote:What country are you from?
United States.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Are you aware that you have to swap the Pro Action disc out and put the import game you want to play in *BEFORE* clicking on "START GAME WITH/WITHOUT CODES." Everything on the Pro Action demo disc gets loaded into memory, so as soon as the first screen comes up, you can take the disc out. I suspect that this may be your problem because as long as the disc is booting properly I don't think anything else could be wrong.

If that's not your problem, it's also possible that the import game(s) you're trying to load with the PAR demo are scratched or faulty. As a test, have you tried using the PAR demo to load domestic games that you know work in your Dreamcast?

...word is bondage...