question for any NES owner out there

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

could you measure the game pad? i cant find the dimensions anywhere, and dont have a nes pad to measure myself

the thing is im thinking about the gameboy micro, but i wonder how small it will actually feel, so i was thinking the nes pad is basicly the same shape, so if the size is about the same then i could get an idea of hwo the GBM would work
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

D U N, done.

4 3/4 inches long

2 inches tall

3/4 inches wide

I don't know my conversion rates so you probably need to convert that into metric unless you needed in inches.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

125mm wide
55mm long
18mm deep (face to underside), not counting the height the buttons protrude.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

thanks a lot DCfan

an inch is roughly 2.5 centimeters, give or take a mill

the GBM will be 4 inches by 2 by .8 so basicly a nes pad would give me a good idea about the size of a GBM, and how it would play

i might snag a nes pad for a fiver in a gameshop end of the week, i can mod it too a PC pad anyways
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

It would be less sinful to chop up an NES extension cord... but alas, they're difficult to locate even in gaming reseller shops. I have a hard enough time finding intact NES pads for use with NES systems as it is.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

well, as i said i saw one for five bucks at a local shop, so i might pick it, chop the plug off, and put a parallel plug on it, if i feel like preserving nes functionality (not really functional, since i dont have a nes) i could splice the wires to two plugs, like i did with my xbox controller and usb plug

anyways, the point wasnt modding a nes pad, but getting a general idea of how large the GBM will be, since i somehow doubt any demo pods will soon apear, and demo pods still suck for general impressions when it comes to holding the system
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Somewhat off topic, but I've had someone suggest that when your nes starts blinking colors other than grey, like blue for instance, that a guaranteed fix is to disable the 4ht pin on one of the main nes chips. Not only will this supposedly fix the problem, but will also disable the region protection and allow you to play PAL games on it.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Smiley wrote:Somewhat off topic, but I've had someone suggest that when your nes starts blinking colors other than grey, like blue for instance, that a guaranteed fix is to disable the 4ht pin on one of the main nes chips. Not only will this supposedly fix the problem, but will also disable the region protection and allow you to play PAL games on it.
It will stop the blinking problem, but your game still wont be read correctly unless you get a replacement cart connector. I have done this mod, and I can tell you that it will never blink again, but you need to fix the connectors, or you will have to do the usual mickey mouse fixes to get the game to read.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head