A tale of political correctness gone mad, again

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The Alchemist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The Alchemist »

Gav-X wrote:What about interreligious marriages? An actual religious ceremony is impossible in those cases, why shouldn't the bride and groom be allowed to add some elements of both religions to the civil ceremony if they want to?
Hold on, I'm not defending the law as it stands, just saying that it's pretty clearly defined. If you want religious content, you have a religious wedding. Few people on the religious side (Christian, at least) seem to care whether or not you're being sincere.
Hawq wrote:
The Alchemist wrote:If you look at a real news source
So the ITV news isnt reliable then? are you working for the BBC? :lol:
ITV news is fine. You linked to The Sun, and you know where I stand on that; in this case I was pointing out how their article was misleading and not giving the full picture, in a clear attempt to make the story come across as more sensational - as usual.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Couldnt be bothered to look for an itv news site & the facts of the story dont change depending on where you hear it, its stil political correctness run amok
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

The Alchemist wrote:
Gav-X wrote:What about interreligious marriages? An actual religious ceremony is impossible in those cases, why shouldn't the bride and groom be allowed to add some elements of both religions to the civil ceremony if they want to?
Hold on, I'm not defending the law as it stands, just saying that it's pretty clearly defined. If you want religious content, you have a religious wedding. Few people on the religious side (Christian, at least) seem to care whether or not you're being sincere.
I know that sincerity is not an issue, but if bride and groom are from different religions then a religious wedding is not possible (at least when talking about christian-jewish marriages).
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Gav-X wrote:
The Alchemist wrote:
I know that sincerity is not an issue, but if bride and groom are from different religions then a religious wedding is not possible (at least when talking about christian-jewish marriages).
Sure it is. Maybe not an orthodox wedding, but not all priests / rabbis are orthodox. Many religious people believe that their religion is only one way to the same goal, and find no problem with respecting / participating in another religion's ceremony.

Who's to say a couple couldn't have two religious officials watch over the ceremony & blend rituals from each?
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

I don't know how it is where you live, but early search results have shown me that I can't have two religious weddings (one at a church, one at a sinagogue) and that my only option is to stage something at the party. I am still trying to find out more, but that is what I found so far.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Gav-X wrote:I don't know how it is where you live, but early search results have shown me that I can't have two religious weddings (one at a church, one at a sinagogue) and that my only option is to stage something at the party. I am still trying to find out more, but that is what I found so far.
Such marraiges are common place here.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

I hate Angels. It's a good song, musically I mean, but how can any song be played 8 million times a week, be voted the best song of the millenium, the year, the decade, the Universe, Birmingham, Manchester and Bill Gate's most played Ipod song and still be tolerable?

I think if I went to a wedding and they played Angels I might get a bit weirded out anyway and I think any jury in the land would acquit me of any wrongdoing...

:wink:

I want The Combine Harvester played at my funeral.
Sega of Japan wrote:Offline - No confusion! No Boring! No Silence!
Online - No Loneliness! No Typing!