Will you buy the New MADDEN?? after they screwed SEGA

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Will You Buy It??

Yes i'm a EA Lover
14%
I have no choice. No other football game out there :(
No votes
Heck No!! I hope they the go Broke. DIE EA
86%

Total votes: 21
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

The only football games I play are the minigames in Sports Jam.
So improvements to a game is not incentive for you to buy it?
No. Paying the price of a whole new game for just a patched version of a game you already own is ridiculous. EA could at least make a promotion like "if you buy this game we'll give you a $20 (btw I have no idea on how much these games costs) discount when you buy the next year's version".
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

also, when you say they, do you mean ea or the nfl?
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

the only new sports games i ever buy are hockey...because generally they overhaul them year to year...and if i dont think there is a differance i just dont buy em

any way back to madden.... I never liked madden... and well i dont feel the need to upgrade into their fully controlled monopoly... just get updated rosters and its 2006 with out the new EA cursed player on the front
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

I never cared for the Sega football games, but i do enjoy the EA football games especially this years im having a blast playing it as always.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Nope. All I need is one game for each sport so if for some reason I'm in the mood to play one I can (and I got SEGA's ESPN already).

I never really liked the Madden games anyway... of course last time I played one was back during the SNES Genesis era and found it rediculously easy compared to the other games.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

If the online player base for 2005 dwindles, then yeah, I'm buying it.

The only real reason I buy sports games is online play /w friends.
Last edited by Eckostyle on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Humpin' Hasney wrote:I'll just get Blitz when it comes out. Man does that game look hilarious.
Blitz has always kicked ass. Only sports game in my DC collection.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Don't forget that Blitz will have Ron Mexico as quarterback for the Falcons.

I certainly won't be buying Madden, but I could care or less about sports games.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I hate Madden games. Shoddy controls, and horrible control schemes. I'll stick with NFL2k5 by Sega for my football playing needs...

I hate when people buy a new football /sports game every year... its a minor 'update'.... I think Sega had NFL2k1 right with downloadable rosters to keep things up to date, but EA sucks so never took that idea.

Oh... and I might acquire this game if people on my floor care to play it, but not by the means of a store -_-
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

MulletMan13 wrote:I hate Madden games. Shoddy controls, and horrible control schemes. I'll stick with NFL2k5 by Sega for my football playing needs...

I hate when people buy a new football /sports game every year... its a minor 'update'.... I think Sega had NFL2k1 right with downloadable rosters to keep things up to date, but EA sucks so never took that idea.

Oh... and I might acquire this game if people on my floor care to play it, but not by the means of a store -_-
MVP 2005 has downloadable rosters. I'm not sure about any others but if its in MVP then its probably in the other 2005 titles
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I am not a sports game fan to begin with (minus golf games I like some of them). Sega can still make sports games, they just gotta change the names.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
segasweet
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by segasweet »

I usually hate EA for a lot of reasons, but in this case its also necessary to throw some of that hate to the NFL for allowing this to happen. They didn't only screw over the consumer here, they screwed themselves over. I'm not sure how long EA has exclusive rights, but after the exclusivity is over, it's going to make it a lot harder for other companies to make decent football games because they won't have all the images and motion captures necessary from all the seasons they missed. I think this is going to cost the NFL in the long run, and it hurts the videogame industry too.
I look at this as a classic example of a large corporation that thinks they can do whatever they want, and let the rest of the world worry about the repercussions of their actions.

EA is basically a Sony that doesn't create consoles. Except EA is probably worse.
:dc: Sega is sweet! :dc:

:mg2: Sony sucks! :mg:
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Am i the only one around here that has no problem with the monopoly EA has and enjoys for the most part every single one of there games. I never have complained about and EA game and still won't i enjoy there games and hope they end up getting the WWE license and make wrestling games too. But back on the main topic i've played both and i ended up selling 2k5 for Madden 2005 last year i just enjoy Madden much more.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

How did EA screw SEGA?
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Ceeg wrote:Am i the only one around here that has no problem with the monopoly EA has and enjoys for the most part every single one of there games. I never have complained about and EA game and still won't i enjoy there games and hope they end up getting the WWE license and make wrestling games too. But back on the main topic i've played both and i ended up selling 2k5 for Madden 2005 last year i just enjoy Madden much more.
Naw I love EA to.