What Is A Good Way To Dream?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What Is A Good Way To Dream?

Post by Sir C.A.T »

Yeah... I was looking at this lucid dreaming stuff and wondered how do I dream? I haven't dreamed for so long. I don't know if that is because I stay up so late or what. Anyways, any help on how to get a good dream going is appreciated.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Have you tried falling asleep?
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

I have but usually I don't dream.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

i havent had a dream since..... march...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

You dream every night. Whenever your body enters the REM phase of sleep. It is common procedure. So even if you dont think youre dreaming...you are.

The problem is during the later parts of REM the dream stops and it is erased from your mind, this occurs more regularly as you get older, or if you are suffering from stress etc. etc.

Generally, if you can remember a dream vividly it is because you were awoken while having that dream. However even then if you fall back to sleep again chances are you will forget most, if not all of it while you carry on sleeping. Unless it was a particularly amazing dream (you know, the type that can effect your mood for the entire day)

Some important tips for getting good dreams are:
1) Stimulate your brain during the day. If you sit around doing nothing your breain has nothing much to think about night either, so nothing very interesting will happen
2) Get plenty of sleep, obviously this increases the time you can dream for.
3) Instead of just setting an alarm to wake you up in the morning, set a few more to awake you in the middle of the night, if you get lucky youll awake during a dream and remember it.
4) If you do wake up at 3AM and remember a cool dream, make some quick notes about it before you go back to sleep, or youll probably forget it, no matter how clear it seems at the time.
5) Certain foods may help you dream, such as dairy foods. Thes foods take a long time to digest in the stomach and prevent you from falling into a constant deep sleep, increasing the possibility that you will be disturbed during a dream.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I've heard that Steven King got most of his ideas from writing his dreams down immediately after he woke up from them.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Eating chips before I sleep gives me a stomach ache later at night.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Take medications. Ive had dreams I can remember all day most of the summer, since taking zyrtec, zithromax, flonase, and singulair.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

The only dreams I remember are totally messed up... such as the one I had several years ago that featured pumpkin head monsters that ate money... yeah that's all I'm gonna say.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Keep a pad of paper and a pen next to your bed with the intention of writing down your dreams, you won't actually write them down but you'll remember them.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I get nightmares of being hurt by boxs if I go straight to sleep without reading or watching TV after work. (I work midnight shift at UPS)
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Whenever I am sick, like a very bad fever or at the peak of my flu, I have a dream that I am playing I think either dodgeball, volleyball, or tennis with God. I am supposed to bring the ball but forget so he strikes me with a lightning bolt and I die.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

I want to learn how to dreamscape.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Dark Savant0 wrote:Take medications. Ive had dreams I can remember all day most of the summer, since taking zyrtec, zithromax, flonase, and singulair.
Yea I recently had my wisdom teeth pulled and the doctor had me on percoset (not sure of spelling). Anyways I had some amazing dreams and I remember pretty much all of them. They mostly involved me being some sort of action hero though, so I woke up tired :/
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

The only time I usually dream is if I have a lot on my mind.