Would Sega ever be nice enough....

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Repoman23
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Would Sega ever be nice enough....

Post by Repoman23 »

to release a brand new Dreamcast game in the U.S? Ugh, I know im dreaming but id love to get a new game for dreamcast...........

Even if it was just a port of Planet Harrier or something.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

nope. there isisnt enough market here for a dead system.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Would Sega ever be nice enough....

Post by Sweater Fish »

Repoman23 wrote:to release a brand new Dreamcast game in the U.S? Ugh, I know im dreaming but id love to get a new game for dreamcast...........

Even if it was just a port of Planet Harrier or something.
Oh, "even" if that's all it was, huh?

Don't hold your breath for a release of Planet Harriers on the DC or any release from Sega in the U.S., but GOAT Games has a number of releases planned for later this year and next year and there's some other games (mostly from Europe) that will probably be sold semi-professionally through other channels than GOAT Games. Plus, Sega was licensing and releasing games in Japan for the last few years until just a couple months ago. That may be over now, though, since they no longer have an official DC release list on their site.

I don't see how an official release from Sega of America would be any better than those releases, though if it was "just" Planet Harriers that would certainly be nice.

...word is bondage...
Repoman23
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Repoman23 »

How about just as a gesture to the fans?

Would a port like Rez or Planet Harriers cost them too much to print up and sell on a small scale?
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Planet Harriers was not NAOMI game, it was for the HIKARU board which was significantly different from the Dreamcast or NOAMI architecture, so that game would require quite a lot of work to get running on the DC.

Rez or some of the unported NAOMI games like Monkey Ball, Slash Out or Spiker's Battle would indeed be relatively easy to port, but there's no chance that Sega would make a profit on such releases in the U.S. (or even in Japan). And if they know they're not gonna make a profit, they're not gonna do it because as good as the systems and games they used to create were, Sega is and always has been just another corporation.

Rez can already be played on your U.S. DC just fine, though, so if you're a fan and you want it, you'd just get the import.

...word is bondage...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Sega has a descent hold on sammy stuff also wait they are the same company if they wanted they could've ported Atomiswave games we at dcs tried and tried to no avail...
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I hate sammy, I am sorry. Sammy makes crap. I remember when the made games on the super, I own Ys III SNES port, the music is crap! Genesis version was better and it was "Renovation" <-- good company, wish they didn't die.
Have you played dreamcast today?
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

There's hope coming, be patience......

:wink: :kiss) )()(
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "