NeoDC 2.3 Burning Problems

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NeoDC 2.3 Burning Problems

Post by Midgey34 »

I recently decided to try out NeoDC but I can't seem to get the disc working right. I downloaded the scrambled bin from http://www.dcemu.co.uk, added an ip.bin and the NeoGeo CD BIOS, and created a Nero DAO image file using selfboot.exe.

The burning seemed to go fine (burned at 4x with Nero Express; version is lower than 6) but when inserted into the Dreamcast, the disc will reset after the Sega logo. I know the problem is with the disc and not the DC because I tried NesterDC 7.1 and Beats of Rage and have gotten both to boot successfully.

If it helps, here are the MD5 sums for the files on the disc:

Code: Select all

4abe81303c3e29b5e2a04040ed8ab370|1ST_READ.BIN
a4c8eed3f408fb6dc13baeae318c23b8|IP.BIN
f39572af7584cb5b3f70ae8cc848aba2|NeoCD.bin
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Have you tried using the NeoCD boot tool that LyingWake/fackue put together a while ago?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

Would that be the NeoCD/SDL DC Selfbooter over at Consolevision? Is so, then yes I did try that and no it didn't work.
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
Kammesennin
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kammesennin »

try burning a TAO image instead of DAO