What Emulator would you most like to see?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bender »

The main problem we have is we're not using an official devkit, we only have a free compiler for linux/cygwin & KOS libraries made by Dan Potter so when we compile a source the bins are not optimized . It's impossible an N64 emu for the dc, and the psx... crt0's compiled pc's epsxe source and only got 3fps.
I think the N64 emu for the ps2 was made with an official devkit and never will be release.

Be realistic, and don't ask for emus that cannot be done.
JJ216216
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by JJ216216 »

I don't know if it is possible, but I would like to see a 3DO emulator for the Dreamcast. I haven't been able to find a 3DO system, and that would be the perfect solution.
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

I hope we will see those emulators (n64 and psx) on the xbox

If possible , i would like to see on the dreamcast :

SEGA CD
NEO GEO CD
and ( if possible ) CPS 1
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
ambientdistortions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ambientdistortions »

I don't think I would agree with the Game Boy Advance Emu.
I'd rather see the DreamSNES get completed and run at full speed before jumping to a GBA.

Perhaps older systems like the TG-16 and stuff that is harder to obtain.
Anyone can go down to K-Mart and pick up a GBA, it's unlikely you'll find a TG-16 or any older system without some good hunting and some $$~

Amiga sounds cool. I like the idea of OS/KB and Mouse!
I could imagine the DC to be an excellent computer, only the browser is slow at times and the screen is way too huge. Also, you can't really do anything Java-wise because it's not supported.

SaturnDC? I've got a Saturn and about 10 games.... I just assume play it on my Saturn ;-) I think the homebrew seen really is the future of the DC. Sure, there'll be more emu's popping up and being updated :)
I love the Dreamcast!! :P
|PiccOlo|
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by |PiccOlo| »

heh, i know i don't post much (or at all for that matter) but i do check here often.. :)

the one emulator that would make me the happiest person in the world would be an Arcade TMNT 1 emulator (with 4 players, of course). That game ruled and would not be too terribly hard to emulate.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I already said what I want.

Wonderswan/WonderSwanColor/SwanCsytal emulation. All of which I have source code for and all of which could get a full 100% on Dreamcast.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Things I'd like to see..

1. DreamSNES 1.0
2. A genesis emu with some sort of 32x/SegaCD emulation.
3. TG-16
4. DTMNT port

I don't see the need for a GBA emu since its a new system with plenty of life left in it. People should buy GBA games if they want to play them. That way the game companies will make some money and hopefully make more good games for the gba.
TheDigster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TheDigster »

1 > SNES emulation at 100%spd. /w sound <-----WANTED BADLY
2 > SEGA CD emulation
3 > 3DO meaby or that '64bit'' Atari (mind the brackets) The Jaguar I 4 >
beleave
4 > Most important > keep makin' those homebrew games..
A question, Is it in theorie possible to get the commercial devkit in circulation??
erise
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by erise »

I have a GBA but would still like an emulator so I could play games on the big TV screen. Although if DreamSNES and all its hard work can't get full speed, I doubt a GBA emulator on Dreamcast ever would.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Get the GBA & N64 out of your minds people it cant run at anywhere ner playable speed.
Username
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Username »

Why do ya'll want a saturn emu? Buy a used saturn on ebay for under $20 , i mean if you want a bleemsaturn type of bootdisc...u know if u got the games, play it like they were meant to. If you're looking for a dc rmu for saturn to pirate, then i say BEH.
Emu I would want...well I dont really care much, but vmu emu sounds cool cuz i never played vm games, and this way I could try. I say improve current emus and apps.
zektor
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

There's only three I REALLY want...

Post by zektor »

C64
Vic-20
TG16

These three would make me a very happy camper. I already got my SMS wish thanks to Heliophobe :) Not to mention many many other wishes that have come true due to DC emulation...
dukman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dukman »

If it's possible- how about a Cdi, sega 32x, or Vetrex emulators.
Bring me an Intellevision Emulator
hisashi joe
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by hisashi joe »

PC ENGINE /TURBOGRAPHIX 16 EMU!!!!!! N'uff said!
joshroks
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by joshroks »

A neo geo aes emulator would be nice. The system claims to be 24 bit but if you see the specs its just a souped up 16 bit console. I think it would be very possible, although the roms would probably be hard to find. Games for that joker are going for over $100 bucks on ebay, and your lucky if you can get the system for under $300. With a lot of time and a 25 cent disk you can have the same fun, its worth a try.
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are good emulators for Jag/3DO on ANY platform.

Gameboy Advance/Nintendo 64/Playstation/Neo Geo are probably too much to hope for, given the DC's limited processing power/RAM.
spacedmonkeys
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

most wanted

Post by spacedmonkeys »

Here is my most wanted list, all of these would ideally have the option for putting your own roms on the cd!:

1. PC Engine TG16
2. Commodore 64
3. A nice simple easy to use MAME version
4. Fully working 100% speed Megadrive emulator
5. Fully working 100% speed SNES emulator

I like to dream :)
teepo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by teepo »

Well I guess the one popular console still wating for a playable emu on ANY platform is the sega saturn. However it won't become a reality on the dreamcast due to technical limitations. Plus the SegaOS seems to be hella complicated to code.... no emu for PC up to date, 'nuff said. :(

Maybe DC-adaptations of single, Saturn games would be the easier way round: DCpanzerdragoon RPG anyone?

A GBA emu seems feasible, and fun, to me. And like all the others I'm still waiting to play chrono trigger on my dc, full speed...
5tephan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

DC Emulator

Post by 5tephan »

Hey folks,
I guess pretty cool emulators would be one of the the Capcom Arcade Machines CPS 1 and CPS 2. And of cause we need the SNES and Genesis Emu with full speed.
Cygnus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

SATURN EMU *CAN* be done !!!

Post by Cygnus »

I see the problems with a psx or N64 EMU, but a Sega Saturn EMU is possible, using the following trick:

The Dreamcast's SH4 processor is capable of executing SH2 (Saturn proc.)code.

Now you would say: "But the Saturn has 2 of them!"

Well, no problem: You can use 2 different tasks to emulate the 2 processors!

A Saturn Emu on the DC is *very* much easier than on the PC with its x86 proc. :!: