Selfboot Inducer = No Menu

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
user6336
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Selfboot Inducer = No Menu

Post by user6336 »

I'm a n00b, and i've burned stuff in sbinducer many times before and its worked everytime before. However, i tried inserting my own ip.bin logo. it didn't work, and didn't create a cdi. i thought to my self, ok, no biggie. i replaced the ip.bin with the original one, and it made the cdi. however when my dreamcast loaded it, there was no menu. it was totally blank. could somebody help? thank you VERY much in advance! :D
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

OK.
Did you make you insert the logo manually, or did you have SBI do it?
Also, refer to this tutorial for more info. In that tutorial, however: there is a typo, the transparent color is #c0c0c0, or 192, 192, 192 in RGB. To have SBI insert the logo automatically, you must back up the old Iplogo.mr in your tools dir, and rename yours to Iplogo.mr.
user6336
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by user6336 »

yeah, i just decided to give up on the iplogo thing, and restored the original iplogo.mr and ip.bin, and it just comes up with no menu. it only shows the background of the main menu. thank you very much for your reply, but it just didn't work :(.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Um, you didn't need to do anything with the IP.BIN. Anyway, try Re-installing Selfboot Inducer.