controller cord mod

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

controller cord mod

Post by LyingWake »

Does anyone remember the controller cord mod where you move the cord from the bottom of the controller to the back? I've been looking for a tutorial or at least a picture of it but I can't find anything. It's not a big deal now, but now it's just bugging me cause I can't find where I initially found the tutorial at.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

well what else is there to say other than cut the chord near the plug on the inside of the controller put the wires through the hole then twist them back together making sure none of them are touching then wrap it up with some elctrical tape.

or (i just did this) use a safty pin to remove the little metal peices from the plug inside the controller, put them through the hole then put them back in the plastic plug in the correct order.

i'd really suggest the second method.

now that this has come up i might just make a tutorial tomorrow.... or tonight.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Yeah, I know. I just thought someone might know of a tutorial somewhere just so I can look at it. Really I already know how to do it. I'm just getting frustrated because I can't find the tutorial I originally followed.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Errr.... I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but there is a spot underneath the expansion ports on the controller to put the wire in...
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

well caboose on some dc controller (like all of mine) the little bugger doesnt hold the cord anymore. it gets worn out fairly easily. so this is more of a case of "modders boredom" then anything.
wont u be my friend?
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

I took a picture of mine yesterday and finally got it off my phone...