10 years ago in gaming..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MulletMan13 »

10 years ago I was **so close** to buying a Sega Saturn..... :-|

Aside from the countless days of Super Mario Kart and Sonic 3 between my house and my friends house... I also was playing Commander Keen on the PC.

I was so very close to buying a Saturn... luckily my parents waited and I got my beloved N64
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

10 years ago I was in Kindergarden pretending I was a power ranger with my best friend.

I visited my godbrother's house, and we played the latest in gaming. Man, he had every system on launch day. Fucking sick. I remember playing Playstation demo disc 1 for hours. Shitty,

We played mostly genesis. Sonic is AWESOME! I remember vectorman also, as well as some game where you customize a robot and then fight/complete a level? Anyone know its name?

My friend moved away that year during school, never saw him again. But my mom took in a friend's son while the friend was getting an apartment in our town. He had smelly markers that I thought were cool. He had a snes and a nes tucked away. He became my new best friend, and although we've grown apart in recent months, we can still sit down and beat all the latest titles on gc or anything else, or go back to basics with emu's on dreamcast. 95' was a good year.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

1995... I remember I had my genesis and I think that was the year I got my SegaCD v2 from Brand Names, NES, C64, and SNES (I smuggled that upstairs into my room) in my room... The SNES was my brothers and mine. I was 3 $ under and he covered that and got Super Bases Loaded for it.
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

Those were the days.
Playing the genesis most of the time. The Greatness of sonic. Going to my aunts house to play her outdated but incredibly fun NES. Hanging out with friends, Playing Street Fighter 2. Me and my friend getting together to play Streets of rage. Me and my friends borrowing each others systems every once in a while. Those were the days.
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Heavily playing Mario RPG, FF3, SFA2 , SoM on the SNES. Damn, I remember beating mario rpg like 3 times a month, I would never get bored of it.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: 10 years ago in gaming..

Post by butters »

StriderXg2 wrote:now Nintendo in 2005 is a last placed system
It really depends on what numbers you are looking at. Based on profit, Nintendo is the #1 video game company (comparing to divisions of Microsoft and Sony that just barely break even), and they aren't moving from that spot for a long, long time. Unlike the other companies, Nintendo actually makes a comfortable profit on their new consoles.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I had just purchased a sega saturn.