Howto fix my video cord...

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Howto fix my video cord...

Post by zman »

My Dreamcast video cord broke.

It is a cord that I got from EB games when I bought my second Dreamcast on-line. So it's made in china and newer than my old cord which is an original Dreamcast cord or not, but I'm shure it is.

Anyways, the deal with the new cord.

I took this plastic deal off that I thought was for a ground, but inside was a grey metal round deal with glue on it which was slashing around inside the plastic casing.

Well, due to this weight or possible ground or just a grey thing with glue on it; my cord broke. BECAUSE of the weight of this thing always pulling down on the connectors. This is on the connector side to dreamcast and not the a/v plugin side. It's the old bad nintendo cart connection problem all over again, just on a smaller scale and a cord instead of a cart.

Soooo, Is there a way to fix my cord, or are the connector tin things broke and not allowing me to see the video or hear the audio.

Yes, It is the cord and not the Dreamcast as confirmation I used my older cord.

So you all just don't say... Use the older cord... I would like to fix the newer cord as I have faith in this chinese product...

Thanks,

zman
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Howto fix my video cord...

Post by Alexvrb »

zman wrote:So you all just don't say... Use the older cord... I would like to fix the newer cord as I have faith in this chinese product...
You would rather use an inexpensive aftermarket cord instead of a perfectly good sega original? That's like me going outside and ripping the muffler off my Impala so I can install a newer cheap universal muffler.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.